Creative Meetings

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Howard mentioned one of their creative meetings on one of last week's shows. In reference to what, I can't exactly remember. But every time Howard brings up the creative meetings on the show, he always has to fill Robin and Artie in on what they talked about. Which obviously leads me to believe that neither of them are involved in the creative meetings. I wonder why that is?

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Artie has mentioned that he stopped going to the meetings a while ago. Artie's gonna do what Artie's gonna do... I don't think Robin has ever been very involved in that aspect of the show.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i saw part of one of these meetings on htv a while back. i wish they would air them more often. thats the kind of behind the scenes shit that im into.

the wrapup show really blows on meeting days btw. although every now and then jd steps up and is funny as hell.

-jhdk

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I think that occasionally Howard will let Robin in on a bit, but overall I think he likes to leave Robin out of the loop so as to achieve an "honest reaction" in the studio.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I think that occasionally Howard will let Robin in on a bit, but overall I think he likes to leave Robin out of the loop so as to achieve an "honest reaction" in the studio.

I would agree and also to get more of an impromptu funny line from Artie because that's what he does best (as opposed to some kind of canned comedy).

JKoffler44

Oct 20, 2008
the wrapup show really blows on meeting days btw. although every now and then jd steps up and is funny as hell.

-jhdk

I can't stand the Wrap Up Show on Tuesdays. I can't believe how downhill the show goes just by Gary leaving the studio.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
ithe wrapup show really blows on meeting days btw. although every now and then jd steps up and is funny as hell.

-jhdk

Yeah, but JD's getting wary of it. He knows Hein tries to lure him into a marble-mouthed JD coma, so he keeps his answers short . . . by basically not answering anything.

He's a bright one, that JD. :rolleyes:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Yeah, but JD's getting wary of it. He knows Hein tries to lure him into a marble-mouthed JD coma, so he keeps his answers short . . . by basically not answering anything.

i think JD is a lot like our last president. hes not nearly as dumb as he comes off when he speaks. but god are they funny trying to make it through any normal sentence or phrase.

-jhdk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I can't stand the Wrap Up Show on Tuesdays. I can't believe how downhill the show goes just by Gary leaving the studio.

you ever watch hein on Htv while hes hosting wrapup? he is perfect for radio. i think he is a very good host but seeing him on tv, he is constantly moving his head and flailing his arms around. its like he has ADHD or a nervous tick or something.

also, anyone ever see his wife? id love to see a pic of the woman who has been with him before his tv guide/howard success.

-jhdk

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

It usually doesn't start out shitty. The show gets off to start with Gray but after the first commercial break, the creative meeting starts....and I stop listening. It's basically uber-nerd John trying to feel superior to JD and others....He is a real asshole.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I wonder what creative happens at a creative meeting? I think booking guests is strictly between Howard and Gary. Fred doesn't do bits any more. Howard doesn't do bits any more. Does Gary pitch the dozens of unfunny Sal bits? The contests actually are creative... Maybe they talk about new contests.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Tuesday's my favorite day for the WUS. It's try to get an answer out of JD Day.