Crap! Why did I pick JR again?!

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I go to get a snack during the caution come back and he went from 15 to 42nd:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
He had trouble on pit road. I'm shocked. SHOCKED.
I hope he makes up positions and I can eat some crow because I picked him this week. I may just leave him out the rest of the year. He's becoming as unpredictable as a C list driver in Yahoo.
No, this is not a knock at him. I like the guy, really do.
Transmission problems again. This happened at DEI as well. Is there a chance its the way he shifts?
I'm curious.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
OK he's back up to 11th. Hopefully he can at least stay around there. I know he's good at Martinsville. Or he can be anyways....

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I keep hoping to see Jr pick it up...just seems to lack concentration at times....it's something he mentioned awhile back when folks were talking to him about fitness...he said his problem's not fitness but, being able to concentrate the whole race. I found that interesting...with some of his mishaps.

Today want to see the 24 win...and see the Dinger really do good. I'd hoped for a good result for Speed too...but...he and Kyle blew that hope out of the water.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Now that I see Stewart up in 3d there's a part of me that would like to see him win his first race for his team. Definately want to see the 24 win though...and don't want to see Hamlin win.

Love them Martinsville hotdogs:churn:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm rooting for Gordon obviously, too. However, seeing Stewart win would also be cool or someone who hasn't won at all in Cup yet. I love first time wins...

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I'm glad I'm not there. I'd be sick from eating too many hotdogs by now...:shock: :)

you know, as many times as i've been to martinsville i don't recall ever having a hot dog from there. i also don't think they made that big of a deal about them when i used to go some 7-10 years ago.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think Jr. did really good, all things considered. I sure would have liked for Gordon to win.

Hamlin completely blew it for leaving the door open like that, but JJ showed why he's a champion. But Hamlin was great in the interview after the race.

It was a great race. My stepson, who has never really watched races, was going ga-ga over martinsville saying things like "this is racing!" and "nascar needs tracks like THIS!"

We had a great time until we realized who was going to win then we turned off the tv.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I think Jr. did really good, all things considered. I sure would have liked for Gordon to win.

Hamlin completely blew it for leaving the door open like that, but JJ showed why he's a champion. But Hamlin was great in the interview after the race.

It was a great race. My stepson, who has never really watched races, was going ga-ga over martinsville saying things like "this is racing!" and "nascar needs tracks like THIS!"

We had a great time until we realized who was going to win then we turned off the tv.

+1 This post pretty much nailed it so I'll just quote it rather than repeating it. :cool:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
So you guys gave up on the race when you realized that Johnson would win? That's too funny. You aren't the same guys that get up and leave the track with 50 to go to beat the traffic, are you?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
So you guys gave up on the race when you realized that Johnson would win? That's too funny. You aren't the same guys that get up and leave the track with 50 to go to beat the traffic, are you?

Never been to a race so I can't say but I doubt I'd leave early unless I was really worried about traffic.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Im the kind that will stay at the track for an extra hour and let the traffic filter out....hopefully. :p

And as soon as the checker flag began to wave we turned off the tv. What a let down after such a good race. :rolleyes: It was like the Super Bowl. It would have been memorable if the cards had won....but most people have forgotten all about it now.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Im the kind that will stay at the track for an extra hour and let the traffic filter out....hopefully. :p

And as soon as the checker flag began to wave we turned off the tv. What a let down after such a good race. :rolleyes: It was like the Super Bowl. It would have been memorable if the cards had won....but most people have forgotten all about it now.

If you leave after only an hour of waiting at Talladega, you might make it onto Speedway Blvd!:scared: I love the traffic, you can sit and drink and cookout one last time and laugh at all the "smart" people and their antics trying to rush out!:rofl2: