Cowboys Stadium

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm hoping someone from this message board is able to catch a game at the new Cowboys Stadium and let us know if it was worth the $1.2 Billion!

FYI... They are now reporting that the previously reported $90 price tag on a pizza is incorrect. It will only cost $60 for a pizza! Whew... Thank God. :cool:

It is impressive for sure.

newcowboysstadium2.jpg

800px-Cowboys_stadium_inside_view_3.JPG

screen.jpg

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Originally estimated to cost $650 million, the stadium's current construction cost was $1.15 billion, making it one of the most expensive sports venues ever built.[8] To aid Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones in paying the construction costs of the new stadium, Arlington voters approved the increase of the city's sales tax by one-half of a percent, the hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The City of Arlington provided $325 million in funding, and Jones covered any cost overruns. Also, the NFL provided the Cowboys with an additional $150 million, as per their policy for giving teams a certain lump sum of money for stadium financing.[9]

Cowboys Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hear TSS-Radio could buy the name rights to the new stadium.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Originally estimated to cost $650 million, the stadium's current construction cost was $1.15 billion, making it one of the most expensive sports venues ever built.[8] To aid Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones in paying the construction costs of the new stadium, Arlington voters approved the increase of the city's sales tax by one-half of a percent, the hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The City of Arlington provided $325 million in funding, and Jones covered any cost overruns. Also, the NFL provided the Cowboys with an additional $150 million, as per their policy for giving teams a certain lump sum of money for stadium financing.[9]

Cowboys Stadium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hear TSS-Radio could buy the name rights to the new stadium.

What happened to Capitalism? Why are these Stadiums getting built with tax dollars?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
What happened to Capitalism? Why are these Stadiums getting built with tax dollars?
More often than not, taxpayers fund a large portion of these new stadiums because owners threaten to move their team to a different city, taking with him a lucrative business, and civic pride takes a hit.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
Apparently the big screen is low enough that the punters in last night's game hit it with the ball.

Titans kicker exposes problem in Cowboys Stadium - ESPN

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Tennessee Titans felt they exposed a major flaw in Cowboys Stadium during the first football game played in the building when reserve punter A.J. Trapasso hit the gigantic HD screen that hangs over the field.

Wow, that is incredible shortsighted and stupid; (to have installed the "Entertainment Center" that low).

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Apparently the big screen is low enough that the punters in last night's game hit it with the ball.

Titans kicker exposes problem in Cowboys Stadium - ESPN

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Tennessee Titans felt they exposed a major flaw in Cowboys Stadium during the first football game played in the building when reserve punter A.J. Trapasso hit the gigantic HD screen that hangs over the field.

Well, another 20 million dollars to move it.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston

I suppose the local tax payers would rather pay to watch football than give it to the Brazilians or illegal immigrants. What do I know? I am just part of the recent not so silent majority.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hopefully the Cowboys will have a perfect 0-8 record there this year. I also hope they have a matching road record.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Wow, that is incredible shortsighted and stupid; (to have installed the "Entertainment Center" that low).

The NFL says that the there has to be 95 feet of clearance. The board is 100 feet up at it's lowest point, since most punts will be angled it should not get hit. It appears that the punter was trying to hit it. No matter, it is a dead ball and kick again.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Why all the hate?:clueless:

For me it's mainly that snake oil salesman from Arkansas with an ego the size of Texas, Jerry Jones. Also the Barry Switzer and the Dallas Convict years. Just can't like 'em. Some of the same reasons I hate the Raiders. That kook Al Davis.

Now the Cowboys of old, with Staubach and Tom Landry, that was a team you could respect.