Covino and Rich should be on from 3-7

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I know this interferes with Bubba but please, these guys are so much better than JAY THOMAS it isn't even funny.

Consider this the official Move COVINO AND RICH to 3pm-7pm thread.

I hate the current time slot because I never get to hear it all and can't ever seem to record the majority of the show.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I catch a ton of Covino and Rich but I love their timeslot. They don't seem into their timeslot and not sure why. But I don't necessarily think 3-7 is a much better on. It was a 4 hour show that went to a 3 hour show.

If you like C&R we are doing a contest here. ----Covino and Rich---- MAXIM RADIO ---- SIRIUS 108 - Login
You have to be logged into see it though.

12-3, for us salespeople are prime hours of the day where I'm usually either at lunch or travelling with a rep and in appointments. Or, on an office day, I usually skip the lunch and hit the gym from about 1-2.30 or so, missing the bulk of their show.

3-7 would allow me to listen while on the way home.

mercerboy

Nov 10, 2008
New Castle, PA
www.myspace.com
I wish they had the old time slot back and their other hour back also, but they have to bow to the "more tenured" hosts on the station (even though I really don't like them at all). My guess is they have to get more of a buzz from media news outlets and from their listeners or some sort of backing by a big radio personality in order for Sirius to consider changing their time because of it.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Sirius must recognize their skills because they're the only show to survive the purge of the old MAXIM 108.

I too with they had their extra hour and wish they coudl flip flop with JAY THOMAS and come on at 3pm or just come on from 10-2 like a normal show.

mercerboy

Nov 10, 2008
New Castle, PA
www.myspace.com
I gave it a listen one day back when Ron & Fez were on vacation.

To me it sounded like a typical morning zoo type talk show, only they could throw the F word out.

The reason you thought it sounded like "morning zoo" stuff is because Rich Davis is one of the hosts on The Morning Mash-Up on Hits 1. He brings topics from there to the show sometimes, but generally they try to keep it more guy oriented.

The Show has changed a lot in 5 years. When they were younger they were still in the young guy vibe (chasing tail, going out, partying, etc.) even though they were in stable relationships. Then there was a year or so when the guys were single, and the show was different. They talked about their "ass-capades" which lent itself to crazy stories and advice on how to get women. Then there was a year where their producer was trying to become not-so-lame, and they spent a lot of time trying to help him while at the same time making fun of him. Now, all three are in stable relationships, and Covino is going to be a father. The Show will be taking another new turn because of it.

I will say that ever since they lost the Maxim Radio channel, the quality and number of guests has gone down. They used to bring in all sorts of musicians, hot girls (famous or not), actors, and athletes. Now they basically take the leftovers of whichever celebs are coming in to see Howard/O&A providing they are someone guys would like to hear interviewed. C&R are still Maxim Radio, but they just don't get much help from them other than a few live spots during the year (although they are mainly supported by Budweiser rather than Maxim itself).

Since the guys are getting older, and since their show is driven by the things they experience and see in their everyday lives, it's not going to appeal to younger people quite as much. The guys are maturing which means that they are better interviewers and banterers, but they aren't going to have that raw, young vibe that they used to have.

I still think it's a great show, and they make me laugh every day. However, I'm right in the middle of their age range (Rich is 29, I'm 31, and Covino is 33), I'm one of the moderators of their forum, and I've met them in person 5 times...so I suppose I'm pretty biased. Still, if you're a guy, I'm sure there's something you will enjoy if you listen long enough...you just have to give it a chance.

Dan G

The reason you thought it sounded like "morning zoo" stuff is because Rich Davis is one of the hosts on The Morning Mash-Up on Hits 1. He brings topics from there to the show sometimes, but generally they try to keep it more guy oriented.

Actually, I had no idea he was on that channel as I never listened to it.

Since the guys are getting older, and since their show is driven by the things they experience and see in their everyday lives, it's not going to appeal to younger people quite as much. The guys are maturing which means that they are better interviewers and banterers, but they aren't going to have that raw, young vibe that they used to have.

I still think it's a great show, and they make me laugh every day. However, I'm right in the middle of their age range (Rich is 29, I'm 31, and Covino is 33), I'm one of the moderators of their forum, and I've met them in person 5 times...so I suppose I'm pretty biased. Still, if you're a guy, I'm sure there's something you will enjoy if you listen long enough...you just have to give it a chance.

I'm 35, so I don't think age has anything to do with why I didn't enjoy them. To me they just sounded like a formulaic talk show on satellite radio. They didn't offer anything different than any other talk show, whether terrestrial or satellite.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Actually, I had no idea he was on that channel as I never listened to it.

I'm 35, so I don't think age has anything to do with why I didn't enjoy them. To me they just sounded like a formulaic talk show on satellite radio. They didn't offer anything different than any other talk show, whether terrestrial or satellite.

See, I really like this show--more than most others on Satellite. They sound exactly like dudes that are friends of mine and guys that would be fun to have a beer with. They talk about the same things that we all talk about with our guy friends when we're all just sitting around watching tv or when we're out for a guys night out.

I really like the show.