Country Stations Sound better?

eth555

Nov 10, 2008
Anyone else think the country stations sound better since the channel updates on the Sirius side? I really think The Highway sounds much better than New Country did as far as sound quality, I seem to notice the low bass more than ever. I am on the fence about Prime Country, at times it does and at times it does not. Willie's Place of course sounds great!

lrosenman

Nov 9, 2008
I'm thinking The Highway (XM16/SIR60) is coming from the XM folks. They are still using the XM request line, and it sounds more XM-like than the Sirius version.

This is a good thing. I am a former XM sub that moved to Sirius a year and a half ago when my car came with a built-in Sirius setup. I missed some of the XM16 specials and exclusives. They appear to be back on XM16/SIR60 now. Things like Drivers Ed and Short Cuts.

I also noticed it seems to sound better now.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
The Highway can go straight to hell, if I wanted to listen to these specialty shows and all that I would have got XM but that is why i chose to go with Sirius instead, i just want the music, no specialty shows, no DJs, just the music.

Just me I guess.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I like the specialty shows and this is why there are 6 country channels so that we all have a choice!

I think the country channels are much better now than previously! Even Roadhouse has a playlist you can enjoy, instead of the same stale rotation they had for the last 6 to 8 months.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I suddenly realized just how bad XM sounds last night. I have a new 09 Chevy that has the iPod hookup. I decided to use this for the first time since I bought the car two months ago. I was so impressed with the sound of the stereo and the music that my iPod was playing. A few hours later I decided to see what was playing on XM. The sound was dull and flat and the radios EQ can't even help.

I used to think the sound quality on XM was pretty good but when you go from an iPod to XM you notice the difference right away. They have allot to improve on.