Cordless House Telephone

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
My very old Panasonic cordless telephone (one of two) has given up. I am starting to research cordless phone systems. Anybody recently purchased a new phone system?

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
My very old Panasonic cordless telephone (one of two) has given up. I am starting to research cordless phone systems. Anybody recently purchased a new phone system?

I have an old Panasonic cordless that I want to replace as well. It still works, but the LCD displays on the handset and the base are failing (only about half of the display is readable.. the displays are losing contrast).

I know this isn't answering your question, but a month or so ago I was researching new phones and I eventually gave up because there wasn't one product out there that had all of the features that I was looking for. One thing that I want is a wall-mountable phone, and although most are wall mountable, their bases are actually designed to sit on a horizontal surface, like a desk or table. When they're mounted to the wall they base is mounted horizontally, which juts out from the wall, and the phone sits in it vertically. Very stupid design, and I don't want that.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Me, basic stuff. Quality phone without a teeny-tiny handset. Caller ID and answering machine. Mostly though, I want to mount it where the current phone is; on the kitchen wall, and it's gotta be one of the bases that's meant to be mounted vertically. Not one of the types that I described above.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
That's a tall order. Most phones these days are designed to stand up in the charger so that it's easy to see the display without lifting the handset.

Maybe something like this? [ame="http://www.amazon.com/GE-DECT-Stainless-Steel-Finish/dp/B000NWHVG6/ref=sr_1_96?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1248811078&sr=1-96"]GE "Stainless Steel" (plastic) phone[/ame]

I don't know if it's a good phone or not, but it seems to be styled the way you'd like.

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I use and recommend the Panny KX-TG6702 system with 6 phones. I haven't had good luck with any DECT system. Stick with 5.8Ghz.

Panasonic KX-TG6702B Cordless Phone (5.8GHz, Answering Machine, Caller ID, Speakerphone) Prices - Shop for Cordless Phones at mySimon

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG6702B-GigaRange-Expandable-Cordless/dp/B000H138HE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248811209&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Panasonic KX-TG6702B 2-Line 5.8 GHz FHSS GigaRange Expandable Cordless Phone System with 2 Handsets: Electronics[/ame]

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I have the 2-line Uniden TRU-8866 and some accessory handsets. It's a good phone, but it does not mount cleanly on the wall like Oren was looking for.