Cord Cutters

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I love that movie – but the ending made no sense. George Valentin and Peppy Miller (played by Jean Dujardin and Bérénice Bejo) perform an elaborate dance number for a "talkie" film. (The actors filmed it in a single take, by the way.) The director tells them it was perfect.......and then asks if they want to do another take. "With pleasure," Valentin says. Why would they need to do another take if the first one was perfect?

Four years ago I was saddened by the news that Uggie, the cute little Jack Russell terrier in the movie, had to be euthanized because he had a prostate tumor. Uggie was every bit as good an actor as Dujardin and Bejo.

Uggie, the dog star of 'The Artist,' dies

Uggie dies: 'The Artist' dog had that intangible star quality

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
AT&T and DirecTV Now have been raising prices. AT&T and DirecTV Now have been losing subscribers. Wouldn't you think AT&T and DirecTV Now could see the connection?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm thinking about switching from Comcast to AT&T. Comcast is now charging me $260/month for cable, internet and phone and their customer service is a joke.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
AT&T and DirecTV Now have been raising prices. AT&T and DirecTV Now have been losing subscribers. Wouldn't you think AT&T and DirecTV Now could see the connection?

That has affected me and I'm getting tired of DirecTV Now. I received an email yesterday saying DirecTV Now being renamed to AT&T TV Now. But it still won't last long, they plan on getting rid of it down the road or merge it into another package like WarnerMedia, HBO Max launching sometime next year.

AT&T is also launching another TV package AT&T TV which is coming out by end of the year. AT&T TV: Live TV, DVR, On Demand, Apps & Voice Control

Either way, AT&T is destroying themselves and I might look at another cord-cutting provider soon. I'm hardly watching TV as much as I use to. I eliminated a lot of TV shows and doing a lot more stuff.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
When I setup my home office, I moved my router up to our loft, which generally improved our wifi coverage throughout the house. However, my (now vintage) Panasonic plasma "smart" TV needed the router to be inches from the pathetic usb antenna provided. So when we recently tried to dial-up Netflix or Prime, it was a no-go. The usb wifi antenna is Panasonic specific, I can't just get a generic computer wifi adapter.

So I decided to get a wifi extender for our router, and place it right in back of the TV. But when I went to Best Buy, the cheapest one was $50, and the salesman recommended I just get a Roku or Fire TV stick for $30. I got the Fire TV stick, since we have Amazon Prime, and it couldn't be easier to setup. It's got a nice, simple smart remote too. So I'm back up and running with the streaming services.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Combined, AT&T and DirecTV have lost 1,322,000 subscribers in the past six months. "Cord cutters" are switching to streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV and Amazon Prime Video. More competition is on the way: Disney+ launches in November and NBCUniversal Peacock launches in April. Maybe if AT&T and DirecTV didn't keep raising their prices and adding extra fees........nah, never mind. What was I thinking?