Copy Entire DVD to Mac Pro?

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I am looking for free software if possible that can cope the entire DVD to my Mac Pro. I want the entire DVD, menus and all to be copied. These are my own DVDs, I just prefer to have the DVD on my computer rather than having to switch DVDs.

Thanks for the suggestions!

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
Handbrake will only rip the video and audio from a DVD. I want to copy the entire DVD, menus and all to my Mac.

iDVD burns DVDs from videos that you have.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
You can't just copy the DVD to a hard drive? Windows lets you do that. You get all of the VOBs and such, and any media player that handles DVDs can play it back.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I am a dork. I didn't realize it was that easy! :eek: I'll just quietly walk way over here to this cliff....

Ok wait. I get a message stating that I don't have permission to perform this task when I try to copy it.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Ok wait. I get a message stating that I don't have permission to perform this task when I try to copy it.

HOORAY DRM!!

Anyhow, not trying to be a jerk, but curious why do you need the menus?

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
If you don't have permission, then you'll have to give up or defeat the copy protection scheme. If I told you how to do that, I would be in violation of the DMCA and subject to prosecution. So you're on your own now.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
Thanks all. I'm downloading Toast now. It says it copys any CD or DVD. I just hate having CDs or DVDs and prefer to have everything on my computer. I'm not worried about disk space, I have two 1TB drives and two 1.5TB drives in my Mac Pro.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
Clone DVD is doing what I want. I have to use my Windows laptop but it works and has a 14 day trial. Enough time to copy all the DVDs I own.

Tristan

Oct 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
pipo.lol
Couldn't you just use MacTheRipper? I used that back in the day when I was ripping my DVD's. Not sure if it's still around as the website was down when I just attempted to go there a few minutes ago. But the Google Cache was for Feb 22nd 2009 so I would assume it's still around.