Construction

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cool.

I could get a lot done working at home a day or two a week.

It's a great way to avoid distractions and interruptions. I think that with more time at home instead of at the office, my production would slip the other way.

What do you do again? I know that you've mentioned it before.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Don't know if I mentioned this already, but they've been encouraging employees to volunteer to work part-time from home. I'll be doing 2 to 3 days a week. Got a desk from IKEA. Here's how it came

View attachment 5361

I spent a good part of Father's Day setting up with help from the kid, it fits perfectly.

View attachment 5362

That's a beautiful view from your new home office.

When I go to work I stare down like 50 yards of other cube monkeys doing pretty much the same thing I'm doing.

If I look to my right I can see a tree.

I like that tree.

I think that with more time at home instead of at the office, my production would slip the other way.

I'm with ya. While I'd love to work a few days per week in a sweet Scotch like setup, going into the office gets me in the work mood. I also like to be right by my 2 main bosses to talk to them in person if something comes up.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
What do you do again? I know that you've mentioned it before.
I probably have. And without looking back, I can't remember how honestly or superficially I've described it. But I recall a few times I've given clear indications:
- A Disney ride sponsored by my company;
- Various products, demonstrations, or events we've been involved with.

I can also say that my trade falls within the same general category as Meme, except with real things.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
- A Disney ride sponsored by my company;

This thing was fun when I was a kid. Innovations is pretty much dead now. They need to revamp that section of the park.

sumofallthrillsrideLARGE.jpg

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Didn't take you long to track-down my clue.

I'm horrible at working from home. There's too much fun stuff to do there.
I actually resisted the offer for the first few years, for the same reason. I figured I'd be distracted, or disinterested, or the Mrs would give me a list of landscaping chores to do. But she convinced me of 2 things:
1) since she had spent many years working from home for a call center, she knew exactly how to focus on work, and how to let me focus on work;
2) the 2.5 hours each day that I get back (commute plus lunch at work) allows me more opportunity to do fun things, like do a hike at lunch, or go to the beach at the end of the day.

I'm still going in half the time, so I'll continue to get some socialization and face-time. Also, my home office is in the loft upstairs, but we live downstairs. The only one who's ever upstairs is the kid, and only at night.

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
You didn't finish the pathway to the street or driveway? Just going to leave it as sand?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So this was the kitchen with the red sign lights on either side of the hood.
kitchen7.jpg

Those lights were all the Mrs talked about. But after everything was finished, she admitted they were a mistake; the lighting wasn't right, and she no longer liked the look. I kept trying to convince her they were great, but I lost. I just spent many hours installing these new two-piece lights.
20191125_144030_resized.jpg

Here they are lit up
20191125_143923_resized.jpg

They look less bright in the picture, but that's because they aren't so focused in one spot, and the camera adjusts. It took me the better part of 2 days to put them up. Let's hope she keeps liking them.