Congrats Kyle

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
As much as we don't like him very much on here, that was a class win.
He raced Mark clean and won fair and square.
I'm impressed that he gave the checkered flag to a fan.
Nice going Kyle.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
As much as we don't like him very much on here, that was a class win.
He raced Mark clean and won fair and square.
I'm impressed that he gave the checkered flag to a fan.
Nice going Kyle.

It was a clean race and congrats to Kyle and the 18 team!!!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
No, we don't like Kyle much....we LOVE him. :p

Anybody else bothered to notice that Kyle's been racing "clean" lately? He's had plenty of times he could have bumped somebody. And times when they deserved it. But he's been racing smart.

Maybe he's finally learning to play the "nascar game"? If so, then watch out.

And I was VERY glad to see him give away the flag. And that he stood so long on his car with the crowd booing him. :cool:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Had he ever NOT raced clean? :scratch:

AAMOF, he wreckred himself coming to the checkered flag while another driver won the race. Twice! :shock:

Sure he's slid into JR, but he's never wrecked someone to win a race.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

AAMOF, he wreckred himself coming to the checkered flag while another driver won the race. Twice! :shock:

Posted via Mobile Device

It seems with Kyle you have to qualify everything to keep the nay-sayers at bay. ;)

zevious

Oct 12, 2008

Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

I challenge the Busch haters to show proof of Kyle wrecking someone to win a race or even intentionally taking someone out for position. :peace:

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Talk to Johnny Benson, Ron Hornaday, He DID wreck Dale Jr in Richmond trying to go for the win. Yes he did race lean last night and I commend him for it.. thats once. see here is how society works.. no matter how many atta boys any of us get in this world it only takes one "OH CRAP" to erase all the good anyone has done. UNDERSTAN this aplies to ALL of us.. In this case shrub has had so many oh craps he needs a number of atta boys that none of us can fathom.

zevious

Oct 12, 2008
Talk to Johnny Benson, Ron Hornaday, He DID wreck Dale Jr in Richmond trying to go for the win. Yes he did race lean last night and I commend him for it.. thats once. see here is how society works.. no matter how many atta boys any of us get in this world it only takes one "OH CRAP" to erase all the good anyone has done. UNDERSTAN this aplies to ALL of us.. In this case shrub has had so many oh craps he needs a number of atta boys that none of us can fathom.

Did you miss the "intentionally" part?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Did you miss the "intentionally" part?

Agreed. Kyle has never "I didn't mean to wreck him. I only wanted to rattle his cage" someone :worried:

BTW, anyone remember when Mark Martin punted Carl Edwards at Las Vegas lasr year, and went on to win the race? :scratch:
(NNS Race)

Even clean drivers get into other driver accidently :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
LMAO. Kyle did NOT wreck, or intentionally hit, Jr. at Richmond. Personally, I think Jr. should have not gotten along side Kyle going into that corner like that. But that's racing and I don't blame Jr. for going for it. Heck, if it had been the other way around people would be yelling that was the best move Jr. ever made. There would be posters of it and it would be pushed on commercials for the nascar.com superstore.

My "clean" comment was for the fact that Kyle HAS been racing clean and has NOT bumped anybody even when he could have. I guess I should have been more specific. :eek: There's certainly other drivers who I feel have been "dirty driving" this year (namely one Jimmie Johnson) but people say it's great hard driving.

Mark Martin punted Carl Edwards at Las Vegas lasr year,

I thought Mark bumped Dale Jarrett at a NW race?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Martin my have dumped DJ before. I've not paid attention to the NW/Busch races until I got XM back in 2002.

Didn't DJ bunp his own teammate to win at Michigan back in 2001? :shock:
Posted via Mobile Device

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
LMAO. Kyle did NOT wreck, or intentionally hit, Jr. at Richmond. Personally, I think Jr. should have not gotten along side Kyle going into that corner like that. But that's racing and I don't blame Jr. for going for it. Heck, if it had been the other way around people would be yelling that was the best move Jr. ever made. There would be posters of it and it would be pushed on commercials for the nascar.com superstore.

My "clean" comment was for the fact that Kyle HAS been racing clean and has NOT bumped anybody even when he could have. I guess I should have been more specific. :eek: There's certainly other drivers who I feel have been "dirty driving" this year (namely one Jimmie Johnson) but people say it's great hard driving.

I thought Mark bumped Dale Jarrett at a NW race?

Umm MGHTX you forget JR was leading and Kyle was trying to pass Jr.. so the blame whether intentional or not would lie in Kyle lap.. I have it on DVD.. I can look at it anytime I want and unfortunately argued with a friend of mine while he was here over that very incident so I have wached it about 20 billion times it seems like. As far as intentionally.. only kyle knows for sure. funny as that is not the only time he has ever done that.. see Joihnny benson and Ron Hornady in the truck series just for starters.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yes, congrats to Kyle on the win. I wanted to see Mark catch him along with about another 159,000 people in the stands but congrats none the less.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Side note..... On Friday nights race. It was nice to see that when Chase Austin took out the leader, Kyle Busch, that Busch went back to his hauler to gather his thoughts and come back out to speak to the media. He probably was robbed of the first 'three sweep' of Bristol at that moment. He had a strong car in the early going of that race and moved up quickly from 15th to take the lead.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
DP I agree he did well with that.. however he still has a long way to go being it ws just last week he acted like a hypocrite

At the same time though, how much fun would it be if Kyle were to always be politically correct? It's more fun when we've got something to complain about. I mean, take the other night for example. The laps closing down at Bristol. You've got the 'Good', Mark Martin taking on the 'Evil', Kyle Busch. 160,000 strong at the track were out of their seats jumping up and down, most of which, rooting for Mark Martin to prevail. We all know the outcome. Would it have been the same if it were two Mark Martin types battling it out at the end? Probably not.

I'm not a Kyle Busch fan but his, in your face, attitude keeps everyone talking.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Side note..... On Friday nights race. It was nice to see that when Chase Austin took out the leader, Kyle Busch, that Busch went back to his hauler to gather his thoughts and come back out to speak to the media. He probably was robbed of the first 'three sweep' of Bristol at that moment. He had a strong car in the early going of that race and moved up quickly from 15th to take the lead.

I agree he did well on that interview, he walked in the hauler and came out with understanding for the rookie and didn't throw him under the bus. I'm sure some people were expecting him to go off the handle, but he did none of that. Chase is in the Nationalwide series which is a learning series and he is learning (and so is his spotter I would think) and kudos to Kyle for the way he handled it.

But I'm sure some people will still bitch and complain about it. :rolleyes:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
He probably was robbed of the first 'three sweep' of Bristol at that moment.

My thoughts exactly.

I've already noticed people complaining about the "new" Kyle and how calm and nice he was.
:eek: