CONFIRMED: Bubba signs 2 yr deal.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
SIRIUS XM RADIO SIGNS MULTI-YEAR DEAL WITH BUBBA THE LOVE SPONGE®
Bubba will continue to host popular weekday show on Howard 101
NEW YORK – December 19, 2008 – Radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge® has signed an agreement with SIRIUS XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI).
The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show airs Monday through Thursday from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm ET, and Fridays from 10:00 am– 2:00 pm ET on Howard 101. The Bubba the Love Sponge Show is available on SIRIUS channel Howard 101 and on XM channel Howard 101 with "The Best of SIRIUS" package.
“I will continue the radio revolution with Howard Stern on SIRIUS XM,†said Bubba the Love Sponge. "I am pleased to have a long-term home on satellite radio.â€
"Bubba has become an important asset at satellite radio," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. “His performance and loyal fan base are an important part of our future.â€

The Bubba the Love Sponge® Show is produced and broadcast from a state-of-the-art studio in Florida, and features Bubba and his colorful sidekicks Brent Hatley, Spice Boy, Ned and Manson. The show is regularly visited by stars from the worlds of sports, comedy, and music. Bubba incorporates his love of sports and politics into every show, as well as song parodies and a wide variety of comical and musical bits.
Bubba the Love Sponge® (the nickname that he legally adopted and trademarked in 1999) is a top-rated on-air personality whose career has included stations in Terre Haute, Grand Rapids, San Antonio, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando, Milwaukee and Tampa Bay. In 2001, his show became syndicated in multiple markets. In addition to receiving several national Billboard awards, he was named the national Active Rock Personality/Show of the Year for 2002 and 2003 by the trade publication Radio & Records. In 2005, Howard Stern recruited him to join SIRIUS, where they both launched their uncensored programs in January 2006.
The Howard Stern Show airs exclusively on Howard 100. Howard Stern programs both of his SIRIUS XM Radio channels, Howard 100 and Howard 101.
For more information please visit www.sirius.com. For more information about Bubba and the crew visit www.btls.com.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I was getting frantic because I wanted to listen to Bubba's show today, but my XM radio online player wasn't playing Howard 101. Howard 100 worked, but 101 was running the audio from the NFL channel. Luckily, my Sirius online player still works for some reason.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
so what about his testicular show? by trying to go cheap, sirius would have had to buy out bubba's existing testicular contract, and then pay him even more money.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I'll admit, I didn't think they would re-sign him after the things he said about the company on air.

But I would say it's a good thing that they did re-sign him, it keeps his fan base happy.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I'm just glad K9 Feces has lightened up on Bubba over the years. He's a total fan, just won't admit it much.
A closet mark?
so what about his testicular show? by trying to go cheap, sirius would have had to buy out bubba's existing testicular contract, and then pay him even more money.
He's still under contract to Cox for two more years.