Concerts you have attended?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'm seeing Rammstein in couple more weeks, I'm looking forward towards that concert! :buttrock:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'm seeing Rammstein in couple more weeks, I'm looking forward towards that concert! :buttrock:

Saw them last night - you are in for a treat. I suggest earplugs, but then I'm one of those guys who wants to still have my hearing when I'm 65 so I always wear them. :D Let's just say that it was probably one of the loudest shows I've been to ever. And I've been to a lot of shows.

Crappy iPhone pix - but you get the idea :)

ramm1.jpg

ramm2.jpg

ramm3.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Saw them last night - you are in for a treat. I suggest earplugs, but then I'm one of those guys who wants to still have my hearing when I'm 65 so I always wear them. :D Let's just say that it was probably one of the loudest shows I've been to ever. And I've been to a lot of shows.

Crappy iPhone pix - but you get the idea :)

ramm1.jpg

ramm2.jpg

ramm3.jpg

That looks insane!
Wish it had been in the cards for me.

I did pick up VH tickets this weekend.
Just hope they don't implode before the show this summer. :bitingnails:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
That looks insane!
Wish it had been in the cards for me.

I did pick up VH tickets this weekend.
Just hope they don't implode before the show this summer. :bitingnails:

Are you gonna get there in time for Kool and the Gang? :D

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
It's one of Bob Marley's kids, Ky-Mani Marley. Another interesting pick. The air should smell very sweet indeed. :smoke:

Oh yeah, I remember the Eagles concert, I had three guys on either side of me smokin' the ganja. I was feeling no pain that night!

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
The loudest show I've been too was Ozzfest in I think 2003 in Atlanta with Slipknot and Black Sabbath was headliner. I was in the 2nd row right behind the pit in front but it was still way louder than I'm used to. Slipknot was so loud they sounded terrible and Black Sabbath was absolutely ear splitting. It was actually kind of painful.

The worst concert I've been too was the opposite problem. I saw Def Leppard in Denver at Fiddler's Green and they played so low you could talk over it. Sucked. I think there was some kinda noise law there, so why they played there instead of Red Rocks or McNichols I'll never know.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The loudest show I've been too was Ozzfest in I think 2003 in Atlanta with Slipknot and Black Sabbath was headliner. I was in the 2nd row right behind the pit in front but it was still way louder than I'm used to. Slipknot was so loud they sounded terrible and Black Sabbath was absolutely ear splitting. It was actually kind of painful.

The worst concert I've been too was the opposite problem. I saw Def Leppard in Denver at Fiddler's Green and they played so low you could talk over it. Sucked. I think there was some kinda noise law there, so why they played there instead of Red Rocks or McNichols I'll never know.

Yeah, I wonder whose bright-ass idea it was to put a outdoor amphitheater in a residential district. I saw R.E.M. there with Sonic Youth and they were pretty loud, but not nearly as loud as Whitesnake was at McNichols.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Oh yeah - Decided at the last minute to get my Power Metal on...

Sabaton!

Sabaton1.jpg

Got some great shots with the S95 - however, here is a crappy iPhone pic because I am too lazy to deal with the others right now. :)

Definitely go see them if you like songs about Death, War, Panzers, War, and Death and War.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Yesterday I was attended the 2012 Mayhem Fest all day with my brother-in-law, some friends and it f'ing rocked! Here the bands that appeared and some pics I took.

Mayhem Fest 2012
Anthrax
As I Lay Dying
Asking Alexandria
Back From Ashes
Betraying The Martyrs
Devil Wears Prada
Dirtfedd
I The Breather
Motorhead
Slayer
Slipknot
Upon A Burning Body
White Chapel

Upon A Burning Body playing with a guy in a wheel chair crowd surfing
wheelchairsufer.jpg

Slayer
Slayer2.jpg

Slipknot
Slipknot1.jpg

Dumbass fan arrested for after getting into a fight.
fanarrested.jpg

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Looks like a good time Wolf!

PS
VH did officially cancel the Toledo show. We half expected it when we bought the tickets, but we get a full refund, so what the hell.
Word has it that they are going to play the Super Bowl half-time show.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Cool - Looks like a good time was had - especially by that dumbass :D

I think I'm passing on Mayhem, but could still be talked into it if my friends twist my arm. I'll already be seeing Down By Law on the 17th and Alice Cooper/Iron Maiden on the 18th - so it will be a busy week here.

Last month I caught Against Me! and Billy Bragg - had a blast at both shows.
Here's a snap of Billy...

2012-06-24-Billy_Bragg-004sm.jpg

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Genesis
Pink Floyd
Yes
Natalie Merchant
Spyro Gyra
Kiss
Ted Nugent
Dixie Chicks (played out company Christmas Party)
Reo Speedwagen
Journey
Keb Mo
Crack The Sky

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Got tickets to see Crosby, Stills, & Nash later this summer... :cool:

Saw them in concert last night.
Great show, played all the hits. Their voices still blend incredibly well together.

Stephen Stills on lead guitar... wow!
Dude proved why he's on Rolling Stones list of 100 greatest guitarists.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
With Super Bowl weekend, one of my local country stations were handing out some free tickets called "The Night Before" concert and I got hold of couple of free tickets. So I'm checking out Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean and Dierks Bentley tonight.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
With Super Bowl weekend, one of my local country stations were handing out some free tickets called "The Night Before" concert and I got hold of couple of free tickets. So I'm checking out Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean and Dierks Bentley tonight.

I hope you like trucks and the words "sugar shaker."

I'd have put those suckers on eBay faster than you can say "I'd rather see Nickelback."

Reactions: HecticArt

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm going to take Meme Girl to see Fall Out Boy at the Houston Rodeo in March.

I've already started learning all the lyrics so I can sing them loudly while I dance to all of their songs. I think I'll dress like a cowboy. Or a cow.