Compatibility of Starmate 5 w/ XM Roady Home Kit?

Homer

Sep 3, 2009
I have a Starmate 5 for my car and a co-worker just gave me her unused XM Roady home kit. The XM antenna fits in my Starmate docking station, but the power supply is not compatible.

My question: Can I just by the AC power suply for my Starmate and use the XM antenna, or do I need to buy the entire Starmate home kit?

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I have a Starmate 5 for my car and a co-worker just gave me her unused XM Roady home kit. The XM antenna fits in my Starmate docking station, but the power supply is not compatible.

My question: Can I just by the AC power suply for my Starmate and use the XM antenna, or do I need to buy the entire Starmate home kit?

The AC adapter will not even fit into the dock. You would need to use the proper dock for the starmate 5. In the end it will be more cost effective for you to order the whole kit instead of the individual pieces you need to work with all that stuff and the XM antenna. I would just suggest this: SIRIUS Universal PNP Home Kit SUPH1

Homer

Sep 3, 2009
I tested the XM antenna on the Starmate using my car power supply and, even though it fits, it wasn't recognized.

It looks like a whole new kit is the way to go.

Thanks.