Comparing Channels

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of the Sirius|XM channels comparing which is on each and which is on only one or the other?

BAM!!!

I made one! It's the v1.0 and I have a lot of plans for it because it makes a lot of sense. Especially for new-comers to Satellite Radio.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Bye

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Very cool Jamie!

I have Sirius and my parents have XM... something like this comes in handy when trying to let them know what programs to look out for.
Because they know channel numbers...

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Plans for the future:
*link to station site on Sirius|XM site
*Make it look pretty
*organization
*drop down menus
*Serves liquor
*loves you back

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
Great idea. But, I would think that it would be best to continue improve the following table/thread which is pretty good already:

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-soundwave-cafe/1336-sirius-vs-xm-differences-table.html

Thanks, Allanon. The "Channel Differences Table" tries to list compactly only those channels that are on one service and not the other. Jamie is listing all channels on both services side by side, with graphic elements. Each approach has its merits and purposes.

Nov 12, 2008
A few things:

- Your Highway channel numbers are reversed. It's Sirius 60 and XM 16.
- Howard Stern channels are Best of Sirius 100 and Best of Sirius 101.
- You seem to be missing some logos for Sirius exclusives. I'm guessing you got these tiny logos from the XM channel guide. You can get the others here: http://www.sirius.com/pdf/channelguide.pdf
- Commercial music channels on XM are grouped off into their own category called More Music.

Good job! It's tough to list those sports play-by-play channels too, since both services do it their own way.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks, Allanon. The "Channel Differences Table" tries to list compactly only those channels that are on one service and not the other. Jamie is listing all channels on both services side by side, with graphic elements. Each approach has its merits and purposes.

Ah! You're right.