Commercials

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Whats up with these commercial breaks? I spent most of my commute listening to commercials, phony phone calls and music. Seems like they took a break at 7:10 came back for 15 minutes of show and then back to commercials. This is the kind of stuff I expect from Free Beer and Hotwings, not a pay service.

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
Whats up with these commercial breaks? I spent most of my commute listening to commercials, phony phone calls and music. Seems like they took a break at 7:10 came back for 15 minutes of show and then back to commercials. This is the kind of stuff I expect from Free Beer and Hotwings, not a pay service.

Beth gotta eat!

Seriously, the company is in desperate shape and needs to generate revenue above subscriptions. The only way to do that is commercials.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

What? Howard said that satellite wouldn't have many commercials! They would only play them for bathroom breaks. Perhaps age and the constant stress of being primarily responsible for driving satellite radio into an early grave makes his undernourished bladder overactive.

Want to hear more show during your morning commute? Get a job further from your home. Problem solved. :hw:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
It''s happened both days this week.

It' supposed to be every hour. And the first hour they always go well past 7 and than take the break but than they come back for such a short time and you realize it has been only been like 20 mins they were back. I don't know how many commercial breaks they take or are supposed to but it would be shocking if they put one in more during the actual show? Not really.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Regardless of the commercial breaks and weather they are for added revenue, bowel movements, coffee enemas or to do a bump of heroin. I still enjoy the show.

GrĂĽpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I dont feel it's crazy quite yet. If it contuntinues for 2 weeks straight, consistantly. I record the show, so I skip through them. But, for people who listen live it can be annoying I'm sure. If we're still talking commercials after 20 minutes of show in january or so, then we can worry.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I wish they'd take breaks at the bottom of the hour. I gotta figure most people tune in at the top of the hour and boom, they're right into a break followed by the same ol' Jack & Rod bits they play every week.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Do what I do: if you have a Sirius that records, start it 15 minutes early, pause it, and when you get into your car, listen to the show. When they go to commercial, fast-forward to the next segment.

Works for me...

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
What? Howard said that satellite wouldn't have many commercials! They would only play them for bathroom breaks. Perhaps age and the constant stress of being primarily responsible for driving satellite radio into an early grave makes his undernourished bladder overactive.

Want to hear more show during your morning commute? Get a job further from your home. Problem solved. :hw:

cat-wash-1.jpg

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Actually, I've noticed the breaks have been getting shorter, not longer lately. Especially later in the day. I know this because I actually look at the numbers as I fast forward past them and lately I've been going past the return to the live show when I FF my usual 10-12 minutes.

But don't let my factual observations get in the way of the highly researched and statistically accurate "Doncha think them commercials is getting longer? It seems like I waited at a red light during my commute and they still weren't back when I pulled into the parking lot!" comments. ;)