College Football (Week 7)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Wow, is anyone else watching this game. My GOSH talk about back and forth.

This is two kick ass football teams!

Hell of a game, if you aren't watching it, you have and are missing a good game.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
TEXAS 45 OKLA 35 (Good Game - Hook um Horns)

TENESSEE at GEORGIA (should be a good game playing now)

LSU at FLORIDA (Later tonight) GO TIGERS!!!

SISO

Oct 11, 2008
Vanderbilt lost today. Shame, but maybe that aren't THAT good.

Tennessee did well to atleast keep up with Georgia, they've got problems.

LSU and Florida is the game of the evening, should be a good one here in about an hour...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not a good first half for the Tigers! :eek:

Tell me about it, I am feeling sick! It is like a different team showed up in Florida.

If they don't get something going very quickly, it is lights out for LSU in this game. :(

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Damn Tigers went down big. I had a bad feeling about this game. LSU has really not played any real tough teams this year. I just hope this team doesn't come totally unraveled now.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Damn Tigers went down big. I had a bad feeling about this game. LSU has really not played any real tough teams this year. I just hope this team doesn't come totally unraveled now.

The Mizzu Tigers lost too, and Oklahoma. Dammit, USC is right back in the picture:mad: Too bad Nebraska didn't pull off a trifecta upset over TT. Big 12 is eating itself alive, just like the SEC. We need a playoff to eliminate all the pretenders from the weak Big 10 and PAC 10, so all the good SEC and Big 12 teams can get the recognition they deserve. USC is the only one that can hang with the big dogs of the SEC and Bid 12, IMO.

I'm PO'd that Vandy lost too, I actually had hope this year. Oh well, still fun to watch college ball, it's always interesting, and sometimes gut-wrenchingly dissapointing! When Ganz threw that interception in OT it felt like I got punched in the gut. TT missed the extra point, and we were moving the ball at will in the 4th quarter, a TD would of sealed victory,ouch!

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Miss St played LSU tough too, so I am not surprised they upset Vandy. But like you I was hoping they would win.

I think Texas is going to move up probably to number 1 or 2 in the polls.

I agree with you about a playoff. The BCS crap is just that!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
LSU dropped all the way down to 13, but after the ass whipping they took, that is probably about right.

Texas in my opinion deserved number 1. Alabama is going to be the SEC team to beat this year.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
We need to get Avuncular Jew over to this new forum. He adds a lot to the sports forum over at SBS.

Thanks for that ringing endorsement, Aaron! Looking forward to doing those weekly college football threads over here. Maybe we can get a little more traffic now.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
trump-youre-fired.jpg

Tommy Bowden out at Clemson already. You had to figure it was coming, but I'm a little surprised that they didn't wait until after the season. If I were Clemson, I'd take a good look at Skip Holtz.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
trump-youre-fired.jpg

Tommy Bowden out at Clemson already. You had to figure it was coming, but I'm a little surprised that they didn't wait until after the season. If I were Clemson, I'd take a good look at Skip Holtz.

Again you crack me up with that. They may go the Skip Holtz rout,but with his season tanking they may look somewhere else.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Again you crack me up with that. They may go the Skip Holtz rout,but with his season tanking they may look somewhere else.

You're right, Holtz isn't nearly as attractive as he was earlier in the season. I still think he's a good coach, and can win with real talent.

They've named their assistant head coach/wide receivers coach, Dabo Swinney, as interim coach. But after the season, you can bet they'll be looking for someone new, and I really doubt they'll promote from within. Skip Holtz seems like a perfect fit to me. I'd also take a look at Bobby Johnson from Vanderbilt.

Last edited: