College Football Week 14

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry to step on toes, Avuncular JewII. But there are important games Thursday and Friday.

Of course the BigXII South:
Texas A&M at Texas
Baylor at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
I don't see any of the 1-loss teams going down, but the most likely is OU going down to Okie State. The A&M-UT rivalry factor can be unpredictable but I don't see an A&M win.

SEC:
Florida and Alabama are in the championship game. They each have a rivalry game that could impact the BCS championship picture, since everyone is forecasting the SEC championship game as a national championship semi-final.
Florida at Florida State
Auburn at Alabama

Pac-10:
Oregon at Oregon State Oregon wins and they are in the Rose Bowl.
Notre Dame at USC USC seems to have been forgotten about, but they're still hanging around. Hoping for an OSU loss, combined with a win next week against UCLA and they would be Pasadena bound.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
USC seems to have been forgotten about, but they're still hanging around. Hoping for an OSU loss, combined with a win next week against UCLA and they would be Pasadena bound.

Actually, as crazy as it sounds, I think USC would prefer Oregon State win and go to the Rose Bowl. USC would rather go to the Fiesta or Sugar and take on a Big XII or SEC opponent. They're tired of beating up on the Big Ten.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Actually, as crazy as it sounds, I think USC would prefer Oregon State win and go to the Rose Bowl. USC would rather go to the Fiesta or Sugar and take on a Big XII or SEC opponent. They're tired of beating up on the Big Ten.

I hope to see an Alabama-USC match up. That would be so great...:D

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Things are looking good for Nebraska. MIZZOU better take advantage of this 'down' year and go on & win the Big XII...:)

Things aren't looking so good for LSU...:(

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Things aren't looking so good for LSU...:(
Trust me, the fan base is not happy right now. 7-5 ain't gonna fly in Baton Rouge.
Les Miles will have to make changes in the coaching staff. Who had the bright idea of going through a season with co-defensive coordinators? That never works!

A ton of talent coming back next season though.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Things don't look good for Oregon St...:shock:

Looks like USC only has to beat UCLA next week to go to the Rose Bowl. It should be a good game against Penn St. I was really hoping for an SEC match up for USC, but a Penn St should be a good game...:)

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Trust me, the fan base is not happy right now. 7-5 ain't gonna fly in Baton Rouge.

LSU just won the national championship.....last season. Tell the fan base to shut up. I'd love to have the problems of an LSU fan, my life would be soooooo much easier.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
LSU just won the national championship.....last season. Tell the fan base to shut up. I'd love to have the problems of an LSU fan, my life would be soooooo much easier.
I hear ya.
Two National Championships in 5 years has us pretty spoiled. :)

I guess what makes a 7-5 record hard to swallow is the fact that Saban has our biggest rival Alabama 11-0.