Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Florida

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I just happen to think that right now Oklahoma is playing much better than Texas.

Well Vegas probably agrees with you. I've read that if Oklahoma and Texas were to play right now on a neutral field, the Sooners would be 3 to 5 point favorites.

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I really don't understand why the money would dissappear with a playoff.

What I meant by one of my earlier posts in this thread is, the money would disappear for a conference if they decided to back out of the BCS while it was still in operation. In other words, as long as the BCS is around and kickin', no conference would dare think of pulling out...they'd stand to lose too much money in doing so.

If a playoffs were to happen, that would have to mean automatic ties to major bowls would have to be severed. One of the main barracades standing in the way of playoffs is Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany. He loves having that automatic bid to the Rose Bowl. With a playoffs, that goes away, and so does some money. Convince Jim Delany that a playoff is the right way to go, and we might one day get our wish.

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I thought a team that didn't win there conference couldn't go to the championship game? I thought they made that rule when Nebraska went without winning the Big XII back in 2001...:scratch:
It always seems to be the BigXII too. And both '01 and '03 were at the expense of the Pac-10 (Oregon and USC). I don't think USC has a legitimate beef (no pun intended, Bevo) this year, but if Mizzou wins and Texas gets into the BCS Championship, Pete Carroll will have more choice words to say about the BCS system.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Looks like Florida is running away with this poll (14 to 7 right now). It's amazing how little confidence people have in Alabama in this game...not just here in this thread, but pretty much everywhere. This is an undefeated SEC team, number one in the country, yet the vast majority is picking against them in the game. Can't say I disagree, but still, it's pretty amazing. I'm sure Nick Saban loves it though...motivating his players shouldn't be too difficult this week.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Tebow is far superior than JPW in my opinion.

No doubt about it.

After Tebow, the SEC isn't exactly swelling with impressive quarterbacks. Besides Tebow, Matt Stafford and Jevan Snead are probably the only others that fit that bill. And Stafford has had a pretty disappointing season from what was expected going in.

I wonder how Texas would have done these past few years had Snead won the job over Colt McCoy in '06? Looks like they really couldn't have gone wrong either way.

Last edited:

givemealiter

Oct 28, 2008
doesn't matter oklahoma will be national champs at season's end, but i pick bama, Oklahoma vs. Alabama in the national championship

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
Looks like Florida is running away with this poll (14 to 7 right now). It's amazing how little confidence people have in Alabama in this game...not just here in this thread, but pretty much everywhere.
We're obviously brighter than the BCS...and by we, I mean the 14 people who voted Florida, not me and the other 6 who picked 'Bama.:confused: