Coca-Cola 600 Thoughts / Predictions

Jan 16, 2009
macon georgia
Nascar finaly did some good stuff. First of all they stoped the race to pay tribute to our troops. Then they waited as long as they could to pull the plug on the race. Way to go nascar.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
They showed Kyle taking a picture with a kid and then get into a golf cart. Maybe he knows something we don't...:rolleyes:

He did know something we didn't, but thankfully this time i brought my stiletto into the race with me. Claire b announced that they were preparing the indoor victory lane area for the victory presentation. At that point i packed up and left. An hour later they officially called the race and made the presentation to the winner.

Kyle knew the race was over, so yes you are correct.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Nascar finaly did some good stuff. First of all they stoped the race to pay tribute to our troops. Then they waited as long as they could to pull the plug on the race. Way to go nascar.

actually they didn't wait as long as they could. remember, they have lights at lowes, so they could have waited it out a few more hours.

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
Don't forget, there were a lot of workers that were there, that would have to be back to their real world jobs tomorrow. If the gates opened at 9AM, many of them were there working at 7 or 8. They may not have had a lot of traffic control and security folks able to stay that long, and those off duty cops that were there on overtime do have to make sure everyone can get home safely and in a timely manner. Many of them were out standing in the weather all day.

It isn't just about flicking some lights on and letting them run. There is a much larger picture than just us.

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
I have some contacts in that area, and it has not stopped raining long enough to get the track dry and laps run, at all. The air is so wet that when the sun goes down, they can't dry the track easily. And there is also T-storms now, too!

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Manifold Destiny topic being discussed right now....controlling the weather....LOL !!!

I've tried to like Mojo's show...he puts lots of emotion into it...but, I just can't take him for more than about 15 mins.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
Glad I decided to go fishing instead of watching this abortion take place, but do have to say glad I have Sprint Cup mobile

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I did not get to see the race yesterday. Did it look like many fans came back for the race on Monday?