Cloris Leechman

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
That was different.

I guess since there is no topic on it, nobody cared either way but I have to say I liked it, even though it was mostly awkward (actually, that is likely what made it great)! Seems like she is not sexual (or hasn't been in years) at all so her shocking stuff on talk shows is just shtick. It was great for Howard to try and get real with her because he was not going to be out shocked! The fact that she just kept stumbling around and refusing to sit because of the studio arrangement of not seeing everybody made me crack the fuck up...I would almost get Howard TV just for that but something tells me that Flo Rida's strippers will be on there instead! She didn't know the "Norm" show....or was maybe messing around. I don't know what was going on but the fact that it ended with something like "Paul Newman hit on me and Joann Woodward is boring"....not a bad closer.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Cloris was great. And her LAUGH!! LOL!!!

I remember her most in "High Anxiety". SHE WAS CLASSIC!!!!

We're going to see her tomorrow. At Bookends. It's about an 8-minute drive from here, with traffic. It's just the next town over (I'm literally 2 minutes away).

Cloris doesn't know where it is, but Ridgewood (it's a village) is a quaint, oldish/city-like, very upscale town. You can't help but fall in love with the place. Colonial, very suburban, with lots of charm. That's why I live here. (Well, right on the border... Ridgewood, NJ is beautiful, but the ZIP code is way expensive!)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!! :p

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
That was a good interview, still listening now.

But the BEST part again goes to Fred. The caller said "You were great in Young Frankenstein as Frau Blücher" and Fred immediately played a horse sound! Classic!!!

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
That was a good interview, still listening now.

But the BEST part again goes to Fred. The caller said "You were great in Young Frankenstein as Frau Blücher" and Fred immediately played a horse sound! Classic!!!

She is awesome.

FRED is awesome, but for Cloris, it's beyond ridiculous.

She is SO GOOD.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Cloris was great. And her LAUGH!! LOL!!!

I remember her most in "High Anxiety". SHE WAS CLASSIC!!!!

We're going to see her tomorrow. At Bookends. It's about an 8-minute drive from here, with traffic. It's just the next town over (I'm literally 2 minutes away).

Cloris doesn't know where it is, but Ridgewood (it's a village) is a quaint, oldish/city-like, very upscale town. You can't help but fall in love with the place. Colonial, very suburban, with lots of charm. That's why I live here. (Well, right on the border... Ridgewood, NJ is beautiful, but the ZIP code is way expensive!)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!!! :p
The book might be worth buying. I don't think I've seen "High Anxiety" but "Young Frankenstein" is a classic.

I heard "Phylis" was a good show. I just noticed "Rhoda" on my Amazon page when looking at Cloris' book so maybe it has a chance especially with Cloris' new found popularity.

And on an unrelated but interesting note...."Mr. Belvedere" apparently came out on DVD a few weeks ago! Very cool!

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
I was really surprised. It was an incredible interview and I couldn't stop laughing, especially when she called Robin a bitch. Anybody who calls Robin a bitch is an stand up person in my book.

Reactions: Bark

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Former Miss America runner up??? Did I hear this right??

leachmancloris.jpg

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I really enjoyed the interview..

I thought it was a riot that she wouldn't sit down.. and whenever she said to Artie "who are you" I immediately liked her!!

I dont have HTV, but I'm looking forward to d/ling this episode.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I usually listen to Jay Thomas on Fridays, but when I turned on the radio this morning it was still on 100 and right at the beginning of the Cloris Leachman interview.

Great radio, couldn’t tell if she is senile or acting but she played well off of Howard and crew.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Great radio, couldn’t tell if she is senile or acting but she played well off of Howard and crew.

At her age, I would say that the earliest stages of dementia are sprouting up. Watching her on DWTS's from last season, yeah...I think she's getting there.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Hey Oren, did you make it to see Cloris?

We DIDN'T! It was ugly and raining, we decided not to go...

It was about the parking and walking and waiting in the rain, really.

We should have gone! (We always do that!!)

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
It's 1977 and unbelievably corny. lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enku7uAHJBU]YouTube - Trailer - High Anxiety (1977)[/ame]

:p

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQiXPHhZ4Go]YouTube - Young Frankenstein - Blücher ![/ame]

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
LOL!!!!! That's SO good!

It's CORNY humor, I don't know how else to classify it.

Cloris' laughing on the show really reveals her personality. She was nervous on the show, but honest, and it was GREAT.

She didn't come across as the wild lady that she really is though. She's great, and I'm pissed that we didn't go see her the other night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUtZz0Gidjo]YouTube - CLORIS LEACHMAN DROPS THE F-BOMB ON THE DAILY 10[/ame]

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Howard's studio wasn't the first place she had an issue sitting down...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=594ORCz4Q2E]YouTube - Bonnie Hunt with Cloris Leachman - 1 of 2[/ame]

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
LOL! Sugar Sacks!

I love her to death. She's always had a unique personality.
:bigthumbup:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I watched the Cloris Leechman interview from Howard TV this week and I LOVED...

She is quite the little fire cracker!! Walking all over the studio..shitting on Artie..putting her hands on the glass where Robin is..