"cleasing diet" story in USAToday

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

This is what happens when you have too much money, I am all for redistributing the wealth. :crazy:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
As foolish as it always sounds, talking about Robin's enemas/souping/fasting, it's having the desired results. No one can argue that she's lost a considerable amount of weight. Whether or not it's the best way to go about it, or if she'll be able to keep it off in the long-term, well that's debatable. But for now, it's working for Robin.

But uh, yeah, she's nuts.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
As foolish as it always sounds, talking about Robin's enemas/souping/fasting, it's having the desired results. No one can argue that she's lost a considerable amount of weight. Whether or not it's the best way to go about it, or if she'll be able to keep it off in the long-term, well that's debatable. But for now, it's working for Robin.

A lot of colon cleansing is just dehydration. It's the Akin's diet all over again. Your intestines move fluid in/out and you can dehydrate yourself by screwing up the salt balance. It's a bunch of BS. Atkins worked because you dehydrate. You loose weight, but it's just water weight and you'll take it right back on.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
The diet and exercise sounds good on paper. But hey...why would you want to do all of that hard work???? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we have a society that is looking for a quick fix or a lazy way out.

I also think a lot of it is psychological as you adopt a new routine.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
The diet and exercise sounds good on paper. But hey...why would you want to do all of that hard work???? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we have a society that is looking for a quick fix or a lazy way out.

I also think a lot of it is psychological as you adopt a new routine.

Not sure if you've heard this one... but there is actually a pill not that makes your muscles think you just worked out. You can actually get "buff" by popping a pill and sitting on the couch.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Really?!?!!? Where do I get that? :ter:
I bet if I call within the next 15 minutes they'll DOUBLE my order!!
(just pay $4.95 for shipping and handling).

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Yeah, but in ten years the mice will crap out their intestines or their genitals will fall off.

There are no easy fixes. The oldest and most difficult road is the only one that works.

Way to bring down the room with a dose of reality :p

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
A lot of colon cleansing is just dehydration. It's the Akin's diet all over again. Your intestines move fluid in/out and you can dehydrate yourself by screwing up the salt balance. It's a bunch of BS. Atkins worked because you dehydrate. You loose weight, but it's just water weight and you'll take it right back on.

UGH! I keep telling you! It's NOT about that.

Trust me here. Please!

It's about self-control. It's NOT about what you're saying.

You know, if you folks DID it, you would see what I'm saying.

It's NOT about the physical (the short-term shit), it's ALL about the psychological aspect of EATING.

It breaks that. IF you're daring enough to even try it. IT REQUIRES TOTAL COMMITMENT. PERIOD.

You DO it, or you DON'T. It's very cut and dry. You follow the plan. If you don't, and have ANYTHING else... you blew it. Game over, start over.

In the end, it's not about losing weight, it's about breaking eating habits. AND IT WORKS!!

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD

Trust me here. Please!

It's NOT about the physical (the short-term shit), it's ALL about the psychological aspect of EATING.

It breaks that. IF you're daring enough to even try it. IT REQUIRES TOTAL COMMITMENT. PERIOD.

You DO it, or you DON'T. It's very cut and dry. You follow the plan. If you don't, and have ANYTHING else... you blew it. Game over, start over.

In the end, it's not about losing weight, it's about breaking eating habits. AND IT WORKS!!

Exit only. :D

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map

LOL. If one eats nothing but soup and drinks juice they will drop weight like crazy without all the colon mumbo jumbo quackery, Yeah she is out of her mind crazy.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008

Trust me here. Please!

I've done it.

You are right about it requiring commitment. But it's about CHANGING eating habits, not breaking them. Most people AREN'T committed to making the change - that is why they latch on to some gimmick progam that promises miracle results. They see it as some way to quickly drop a few pounds so that they can go back to doing what they always did.

Most of the gimmick weight loss plans offer no help or training in how to eat in the 'real' world. And ultimately even if someone is committed to losing the weight, they also fail because they haven't been taught how to eat right. If they lose the gimmick, they have no rudder. Take a look at most of the "winners" of the TV show "The Biggest Loser". Most of them are back to their old habits and are almost as heavy as when they started, because they relied on a gimmick program to lose weight. Their habits were 'broken' but once they were out of the gym every day, they ultimately didn't change them.

Some of those programs may stick for some people, but in the end, I think it requires commitment, and a sensible weight loss program that includes information on what and how to eat without gorging yourself.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I've done it.

You are right about it requiring commitment. But it's about CHANGING eating habits, not breaking them. Most people AREN'T committed to making the change - that is why they latch on to some gimmick progam that promises miracle results. They see it as some way to quickly drop a few pounds so that they can go back to doing what they always did.

Most of the gimmick weight loss plans offer no help or training in how to eat in the 'real' world. And ultimately even if someone is committed to losing the weight, they also fail because they haven't been taught how to eat right. If they lose the gimmick, they have no rudder. Take a look at most of the "winners" of the TV show "The Biggest Loser". Most of them are back to their old habits and are almost as heavy as when they started, because they relied on a gimmick program to lose weight. Their habits were 'broken' but once they were out of the gym every day, they ultimately didn't change them.

Some of those programs may stick for some people, but in the end, I think it requires commitment, and a sensible weight loss program that includes information on what and how to eat without gorging yourself.

!00% correct, jef.

I have to say though, a "detox" Is a BIG shock to your system. For me, it was a huge undertaking, both physical and mental. And I didn't do it for long.. 3 weeks maybe?

In the end (two years later) I'm still almost 60 pound lighter. I am 5'7" and was 220. Two years later, I'm 163 (as of today).

NOW, I eat pizza and BK Whoppers, etc. I just don't eat a lot of pizza (most of the pie like before)... I will eat 3 slices tops. I can go on an on about this...

For me, it was not training to eat.. it was how certain food afterwards makes me feel. (bloated, ill, uncomfortable, etc. I know when there's a problem.)

For me, it was perfect. It DOES break habitual eating, IF you're able to get though it. It's very difficult.

I did the Master Cleanser deal. There are no enemas (lol), but you do chug salt-water which accomplishes the same thing (you gulp a quart and in 30 mins you have big-time diarrhea... water squirting out your ass diarrhea. lol)

In the end though, I'm no longer using ANY meds (with side-effects) to control very high blood pressure, my BP and cholesterol are now FINE, I am finally going to the beach (after 10+ years of not doing so) and I'm alot better in bed. :egypt:

For certain people, I can't recommend it more highly. Again, it's NOT something that you do and "recover" from. Your body does nothing but continually "adjust" when lowering caloric intake and your mind "deals" with that. It's about a big shock to the system (physical/mental), that's the whole idea, and it works. IF it's right for you AND you can do it.

;)