Clear the Halls, Shut the Doors, No Eye Contact

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I have to admit that this is the nutty side of Howard I love. He says he is not doing a Prince star turn but he is not far from it. New order from Gary to Ronnie and staff: "No human presence when Howard leaves the studio... halls cleared, doors shut (better to lock them if possible) and if there is chance contact... no greeting, no eye contact, in fact turn the other way...." It is only poetic justice that Howard stopped in front of the Green Room and found himself face to face with the Penny...who wanted to know why she - long time Howard Stern reporter, fan and fired employee - was not invited to the wedding (instead of Howard's sudden bffl Chevy Chase..)

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
kinda sounds like the same kinda thing Howard used to slam a Radio personality that used to work in the same building as he did a few years ago dosen't it ;)

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
loved it...can you imagine any reason to want to stop in the hallway after the show is done and chat with any of the jabrones hanging around? if shuli or jason have something to say just talk to booey and get outta my way

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
All I know is if I just got off a 5 hour on-air shift and walked smack dab into a meet and greet with Penny Crone, I'd enact a "No Human Presence" rule too. That woman is deranged.

2007_10_penny2.jpg

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I don't blame him. I can actually empathize. When I get home from work, sometimes my neighbors in the apartment next to mine will be out on their porch. I'll try to just barrel through without making eye contact, but they usually say hello and I get sucked in to an arduous ten minute conversation. When all I really want to do after a day's work is get the hell inside my apartment and relax.

The whole situation with Howard reminds me of a Curb Your Enthusiasm scene..."the stop and chat"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2LJXz-l2k[/ame]

Last edited:

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
Well when you think about the breaks and the bits he plays during the show he is only on about 2hrs and 45 min so i'm just gonna say whaaaaaaaaaa:bigcry:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
even if the show was 14 seconds long I wouldn't want to talk to any of the misfits the show employs...maybe you should email, twitter, myspace, & facebook with all of them to get your fix

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Well when you think about the breaks and the bits he plays during the show he is only on about 2hrs and 45 min so i'm just gonna say whaaaaaaaaaa:bigcry:

All you do on this site is whaaaaaaaaaaaa :bigcry: You're so big on Howard's hypocrisy, work on your own.

We all know Howard is not a "people person". If he was, his radio show probably wouldn't be as interesting. Just imagine...Howard coming on the air and saying how wonderful his conversation with Penny Crone was. Without conflict, you get boredom.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

There are websites that keep track of this information, and they all say you are decidedly wrong in your estimates. Most of the time, live content is right around 4 hours for a 5 hour day. I suggest you complain to your illegal broadcaster and/or distributor of the Howard Stern Show about how they censor content. Good luck.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I love this about Howard and he even admits it is stupid but he says thats just the way it is.

Howard's neurotic behavior is probably my favorite element and character on the show. I love it when Howard talks about how he never wants to travel, hates flying, hates boats because "he hates wind in his face" and considers trains to be "utter nonsense."

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I love this about Howard and he even admits it is stupid but he says thats just the way it is.

Howard's neurotic behavior is probably my favorite element and character on the show. I love it when Howard talks about how he never wants to travel, hates flying, hates boats because "he hates wind in his face" and considers trains to be "utter nonsense."

He once said that he will not change a light bulb...afraid of electrocution... calls handyman or electrician to do it... hard to believe but I believe him..

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
He once said that he will not change a light bulb...afraid of electrocution... calls handyman or electrician to do it... hard to believe but I believe him..

That is just ridiculous yet hilarious at the same time. I am willing to be he either has Beth do it or his building has some sort of maintenance guy to do things like this.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
He is scared shitless of electricity. He used to go on about it all the time.

What a house of horrors his mother made for him. Imagine how bad the the "Dr. Mengele Bedtime Stories" had to be to cause an irrational fear of burning, electrocution, falling, drowning, unneeded eye contact and/or severe wind burn? :shock:

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
He is scared shitless of electricity. He used to go on about it all the time.

What a house of horrors his mother made for him. Imagine how bad the the "Dr. Mengele Bedtime Stories" had to be to cause an irrational fear of burning, electrocution, falling, drowning, unneeded eye contact and/or severe wind burn? :shock:

Remember when he got a shock from a microphone or something else in studio? At the time he said he thought it was "lights out" for him.

It's miracle that he got past his mother's objection to dogs.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Remember when he got a shock from a microphone or something else in studio? At the time he said he thought it was "lights out" for him.

It's miracle that he got past his mother's objection to dogs.

Yeah, that microphone shock was probably static cling. Ralphie Cakes forgot to put the Bounce sheet in the dryer.

As far as the dog goes; Pussy > Mom's Brainwashing in all but the most heinous cases. His mom was bad, but not Norman Bates or Sybil Dorsett bad.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
LMFAO! I love it when crazy Howard comes out! I'm not defending what he did. Far from it, I think he's a prima donna for doing it, but what I laugh I got from that story!

Howard's irrational rationales always brighten my day. :D

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
LMFAO! I love it when crazy Howard comes out! I'm not defending what he did. Far from it, I think he's a prima donna for doing it, but what I laugh I got from that story!

Howard's irrational rationales always brighten my day. :D

He wouldn't be Howard without the nutty side and the monster side. The grand Gary dinner in the burbs with the fancy chef and the string quartet playing in the garden is my favorite. As we all know, Howard shut the window on the string quartet because a breeze was blowing in (so the string quartet could play for the deer according to Artie), left before the main course and bellowed at Beth to get a move on in front of the shocked guests... and he had not a clue that he was doing anything out of the ordinary..

Last edited:

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
Or the time that he said he would work "some Fridays", or told people to buy Sirius stock while he was selling all of his off.