Clean sweep for Kyle B....

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Thursday night won a late model race; Friday won the Nationwide race; and tonight, on his 24th birthday...won the cup race at Richmond. He just continues....:wave:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
i LOVE how Mark Martin came from 22nd to 5th in the last 45 laps and got no interveiws, no coverage, nothing. Nice to see how a driver who passes a lot of people gets ignored.

Last edited:

Raceimages

Nov 17, 2008
Fairfield, CA
www.raceimages.net
I was home last night since all racing this weekend out here was rained out. Sat down and tried to watch the race but seriously, after 50 laps I had heard enough of the FOX broadcast that I just shut it off and worked on other stuff.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I was home last night since all racing this weekend out here was rained out. Sat down and tried to watch the race but seriously, after 50 laps I had heard enough of the FOX broadcast that I just shut it off and worked on other stuff.

Thanks for sharing ;)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, where was Martin at the end of the race? Heck, he may have just been worn out and went away.

SO!?! Did Jr. "take out" Burton? His wheels CLEARLY turned right! SO OBVIOUS!!! :rolleyes:

I didn't get to watch every minute of the race...did anybody mention Poole during the race, or before or after?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Yeah, where was Martin at the end of the race? Heck, he may have just been worn out and went away.

SO!?! Did Jr. "take out" Burton? His wheels CLEARLY turned right! SO OBVIOUS!!! :rolleyes:

I didn't get to watch every minute of the race...did anybody mention Poole during the race, or before or after?

They had a moment of silence during the pre race show for Poole.

As for Jr. Its hard these days to tell when he either takes someone out on purpose or just runs out of talent. :eek: But I saw the wheels turn like you did so who knows?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wish I could have seen all of the show.

As for Kyle..... Wow. When he has the car he usually gets the win. But the same can be said for Jeff and Jimmie and a just a few others.

When it became apparant that Jimmie wasn't going to win, that's when I really settled down to enjoy an awesome race.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
From what I heard on the radio, Kyle went 3 wide to take the lead. He knew it was time to go and he got going...:shock:

It's nice to see a driver get up on the wheel like that. How many times have we seen Tony or Kevin do the same thing?...:scratch:

:)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
How many times have we seen Tony or Kevin do the same thing?...

Yeah, but how about "old man" Burton? :eek: After going to the wall to come back like that was incredibly impressive.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Anywho...Kyle did a great job this weekend. Everyone else talks about crew chiefs and equipment being the reasons they're not doing so well...and need a better ride or different crew chief. Shoot...Kyle gets in it and wins...different crew chiefs, different teams, different type racing machine, different series. Look at the 18...same team and car Labonte and Yaley had...what'd they do in it??? (yes, I know Labonte got a championship...but, last couple seasons) I just wonder...does driver ability to provide in put and ability/willingness to drive hard have as much or even more to do with how well they do??? I just wonder...Kyle just gets "lucky" I guess. :rolleyes: Sure wish he'd stayed with my Hendrick gang...but, glad to see him doing well. Still hope JG gets the championship though.;)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Everyone else talks about crew chiefs and equipment being the reasons they're not doing so well...and need a better ride or different crew chief. Shoot...Kyle gets in it and wins...different crew chiefs, different teams, different type racing machine, different series.

Great point.