Classical: Post-Merger Symphony Hall

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Has anybody noticed that Symphony Hall has presenters 24h/day! Also, I hear a wider choice of music/performers. The XM Symphony Hall web site contains more info that the Sirius one, tough. We'll even get some choir music Sunday 7-11am, at last!

On the down side, we lost two presenters, Marcia Young and Brian Atwood, and they now compress the title and composer texts.

What is your opinion on the new S.Hall?

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
Has anybody noticed that Symphony Hall has presenters 24h/day!...What is your opinion on the new S.Hall?

XM Classics previously had 24/7 presenters, often with hours of announcing repeated from past months, with outdated information sometimes slipping in. Now it'll all have to be done fresh.

For XM listeners who haven't heard him before, Preston Trombly is on noon-6 ET. The skill and knowledge it takes to track six hours so entertainingly is just staggering. There's a lot to say, and not much time to get notes together, so you just gotta know. Trombly is simply the best.

ai4i

Oct 22, 2008
Area Code 954
All of the XM Classical channels have retained their full staffs plus we have gained probably the best from Sirius, Preston Trombly.
Incidentally, the folk music channel,"The Village", has always been programmed by the classical crew and shares many voices with Symphony Hall.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
All of the XM Classical channels have retained their full staffs plus we have gained probably the best from Sirius, Preston Trombly.
Incidentally, the folk music channel,"The Village", has always been programmed by the classical crew and shares many voices with Symphony Hall.

That's one of the channels we don't get on Sirius. :(

MLBurks

Oct 30, 2008
This seems to be one of the very few channels not suffering from the merger. I was worried that after the merger XM Classics would just become Symphony Hall which would have be a disaster and a deal killer for me. But I have been pleasantly surprised. Classical is my favorite genre (which my friends and family can't understand) and the new Symphony Hall is what is keeping me from canceling my service.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
This is on tonight until 7:30pm est.

6:00 PM–7:30 PM
Symphony Hall
XM 78
Broadcast From The White House

Catch this special broadcast from the classical music celebration held at the White House as part of the Music Series, created by First Lady Michelle Obama. The broadcast will a special East Room evening recital introduced by President Barack Obama. Scheduled performers include Grammy Award-winning violinist Joshua Bell, Grammy Award-winning guitarist Sharon Isbin, renowned cellist Alisa Weilerstein and acclaimed pianist Awadagin Pratt.

siriusfan

Nov 5, 2008
This is a great channel and one of the reasons I keep subscribing. Actually, I enjoy all of the classical offerings (e.g., Met Radio and Sirius XM Pops).

ai4i

Oct 22, 2008
Area Code 954
Beginning post "Holiday Pops", SiriusXM Pops seems to have changed a bit.
More personalities from Symphony Hall and no more Pops LP.