Claire Lang

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I never heard of this person until the Sirius/XM merger, then read with interest comments posted here about her. It wasn't until yesterday that I actually had a chance to listen to her program, as she took over the TP slot.

I think what bothered me most about Claire is the lack of a sidekick...an Ed McMahan kind of person. Perhaps she would be better with somebody along side. Four hours of Claire wall-to-wall was more than enough. I like Moody, Poole, Bagley...but not sure if I could take four hours of just any one of them.

As Buddy would say "Quite frankly" I'm ready for some racing and race related discussion.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
IMHO, Claire was much better when she was pared with Tim Farley on the afternoon Dialed In program, pre 2005 XM 144...:)

When she does the show by herself, it's too boring for me. It's like a NASCAR Magazine filled with interviews of drivers and crew. Much like what Pat Patterson does on ESPN Radio on the early morning of the weekends and during the first hour of his Front Stretch program...:shock:

It would be nice if Tim would come back to NASCAR Radio. He could do his POTUS program in the morning and do NASCAR right after...:)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll gladly be in the minority on this subject again. I like the show. I like that it is something completely different from the other shows. It isn't the same old opening rant followed by three or four hours focused on one particular subject with the endless calls of how NASCAR can be better. The only other sport devoted channel that I listen to is the NFL Network & I can't remember the last time that I heard a call on how we can make the NFL better. NASCAR, on the other hand, that seems to be every other call.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
She doesnt bother me, though if I miss the show it's no big deal.

But I have heard some really good stuff on the show.

Right now I'm really diggin' the new show with Buddy and Alex. What a great team!

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I listened to her show yesterday and I have to say, I enjoyed it. I liked her interaction with the drivers. I'm glad that 128 has a show with a lead female host......us chicks need to stick together!!! I also think Suzy does a great job with Moody and Craig.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Thanks Semi! :)

I knew Pete was filling in for Moody, but I was making comments about women being hosts/cohosts, so I assumed Andrew's comment was in regards to a female host also.

I haven't checked, but I don't think Pete is a female :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Thanks Semi! :)

I knew Pete was filling in for Moody, but I was making comments about women being hosts/cohosts, so I assumed Andrew's comment was in regards to a female host also.

I haven't checked, but I don't think Pete is a female :)

You're welcome...:)

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
You will never see Claire have a everyday co host side kick whatsoever. There was a reason she went solo and it has a lot to do with why I don't want her in NASCAR radio. Like I said she is not who she potrays herself to be. Liek I said she is alone for a reason.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
You will never see Claire have a everyday co host side kick whatsoever. There was a reason she went solo and it has a lot to do with why I don't want her in NASCAR radio. Like I said she is not who she potrays herself to be. Liek I said she is alone for a reason.

I don't think NASCAR is going to remove her from 128 because you don't want her on radio.

So.....Mike, you seem like pretty descent person and there are some of us that like her show, but you repeating the same reasons that you don't like her is getting old. So please, just let it go :)

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
I have never stated the reason I don't like her that I can remember. Someone mentioned they would like her show better if she had a co host. She won't have a co host. lets just say she is hard to get along with behind the scenes. Now I have stated the reason I don't like her. The main intent of the above post was so that person didn't "hold their breath" Also last I checked me and several hundered thousand men and women defend your right to free speech, If i want to psot the same exact post every day as long as it is not against the board rules I can. I won't because it is useless. Also I never said I wanted NASCAR to get her off of the radio. I want Sirius to get her off Nascar radio. I have not initiated anything on her. I commented on someone else post period. Get over it. You may think it's an obsession but it's not. it's something personal that affected me personally and a friend of mine. Ask your self if someone did something to cause your friend 2 years worth of grief would you like that person.

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
Awesome!
It's great to have CBL back in the daytime, She is easily the best of the best and the most informative on 128. I just hope they get her more daytime hours. If she took a couple of the mid-days and Post and Buddy got their one, that would only leave Benjamin and God's greatest gift 2 days. I think I could put up with them for 2 days.
Fortunately channel 175 has re-tooled a bit and there is an excellent show until 1:00, from 1 'til 3 is nap time lately.

JohnBrowning

Dec 19, 2008
Ocracoke, NC
Ok, so I gave Claire a chance and the only thing I can say is Thank you Sirius NASCAR Radio for giving me the opportunity to enjoy all the other channels you have to offer!! Her favorite word is I. Its all about what I did. EXTREMELY annoying and self-centered. Besides that, she has pushed the funniest show on 128, Manifold Destiny, to a late evening slot that I'll rarely be in a position to listen to.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Ok, so I gave Claire a chance and the only thing I can say is Thank you Sirius NASCAR Radio for giving me the opportunity to enjoy all the other channels you have to offer!! Her favorite word is I. Its all about what I did. EXTREMELY annoying and self-centered. Besides that, she has pushed the funniest show on 128, Manifold Destiny, to a late evening slot that I'll rarely be in a position to listen to.

That's to bad. You'll be missing some good interviews rather than the same old crap all of the time. The show yesterday afternoon was great.

But you are correct, there are allot of good channels out there.