Circuit City.com is up & running

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I saw this on Engadget and went over to take a look.

It looks like they are selling more 2nd teir manufacturers and things that the old CC never sold.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I thought CC was completly gone? I guess I don't understand everything about the situation.

Some company (sytemax) bought the name and the rights for "CircuitCity.com."

It's a familiar name to many, so maybe they can do some business.

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
Prices aren't bad at all. Almost on par with a tigerdirect.com.

Has anyone dealt with this Sytemax before?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Pretty sweet move, CC always had a bit better web site than Best Buy, so why not take advantage of it. I think they'll capitalize on the name!

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
If Tigerdirect, CompUSA and now CC is all owned by the same company, how do they make money running three websites that all sell much of hte same stuff? I understand some sell what others don't, but it seems odd that they can sell stuff across the board as three companies on a website, with varying prices/deals, and make money? I guess I'm not a huge business person so there is probably something there that makes sense, but it still baffles me.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
If Tigerdirect, CompUSA and now CC is all owned by the same company, how do they make money running three websites that all sell much of hte same stuff? I understand some sell what others don't, but it seems odd that they can sell stuff across the board as three companies on a website, with varying prices/deals, and make money? I guess I'm not a huge business person so there is probably something there that makes sense, but it still baffles me.

It's just marketing. You can put the same corn flakes in a red box, a blue box, or a green box. People will buy either red, blue, or green based on their preferences and then swear the corn flakes in the green box are better than the blue or red ones.

Same with websites. You can usually find the same prices for the same stuff on multiple sites, but you'll buy from whom you prefer. If Systemax owns all the websites, then they make money no matter whom you pick.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
In a sea of web sites that sell these type products having multiple sites makes it that much more likely that you are going to pick up the sale, because someone is going to end up generally on one or the other. By the way this company has a pretty generous return policy, stand behind what the sell and that would apply to all 3 of their sites. Folks love to shop where they are provided a high level of service.