Cinemagic and Siriusly Screwed.

I am going to be very upset if they take away Cinemagic on Sirius. This was the only music station from XM I was looking forward to getting. The Strobe and Backspin are good but Cinemagic is more unique. Plus they need to do away with E-Street Radio.

PS. Why does siriuslyscrewed.com now take you to siriusxm.com? Seems kind of sketch to me!

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Where did you see the official words that Cinemagic is being removed?
I did see a thread on another site about siriusly screwed.com linking to siriusxm.com. The site owner explained why that happened. I think their is a cache of that somewhere.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
The only reason why I'm concerned is because the channel is only identifying itself as XM 76 (with no mention of the SIRIUS channel number, or SIRIUS for that matter).

Also, if you go to the Cinemagic website on SIRIUS, you get this:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Cinemagic

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
It sounds like this is a done deal. For about four minutes now on Cinemagic, they've been advertising the return of The Strobe January 15 on "Sirius channel 81, XM channel 83."

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
To the Sirius XM suits who may read these threads, please at least have the decency to keep Cinemagic online for us to listen. Also, The Groove and The Village, if you don't mind! :cool:

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Why is Sirius unable to add any channels? I mean XM didn't have to have there holiday channels take over anything it just doesn't make sense to me.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
Why in the hell is Sirius putting The Stobe on 81 when it has its other dance channels on 35,36, and 38? Why can't the Stobe go back to 37? But yes, I just turned on DISH Network's Sirius music, and no more Cinemagic...just the aforementioned loop about the Strobe's return. I feel badly for all you Sirius subs for the way you were teased, and I thank God I switched to XM!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I don't care how you slice it this is just not right! But with Sirius.... Sirius Giveth and Sirius Taketh away. Now you just end up pissing off a whole new set of subscribers that like Cinemagic and Pop2K.

I am so damn glad I switched over to the XM side exclusively!

Mike Nassour

Oct 28, 2008
Those of you who switched need to be prepared for similar whiplashes on the XM side....

We need to remember that Mel and company are part of the same radio mindset that calls for stations to change format each and every time that they lose half a ratings point, the mindset that caused grocery stores to be rearranged every six months. They call it keeping it "fresh".

Don't expect stability in your XM hideaway....it's run by the same folks.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Those of you who switched need to be prepared for similar whiplashes on the XM side....

We need to remember that Mel and company are part of the same radio mindset that calls for stations to change format each and every time that they lose half a ratings point, the mindset that caused grocery stores to be rearranged every six months. They call it keeping it "fresh".

Don't expect stability in your XM hideaway....it's run by the same folks.

The XM side doesn't have Backseat video sucking up bandwidth. I think this is a pure bandwidth issue and as long as the XM side has no need of that extra bandwidth I think those extra channels will be safe.

Still you never know with these folks, I will give you that. I am still glad I am on the XM side after being squarely on the Sirius side for over 8 years.

So far the XM radios have continued to be updated in terms of wall papers and channel icons. So, I think the people on the ground for each system aren't the same. But I do understand the Sirius Corporate is running both sides.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
For the love of God. I'm happy for fans of The Strobe but they continue to kill everything I love.

I'm still lamenting the losses of Disorder and Boombox. I find something else to enjoy and they do it again.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I'm still lamenting the losses of Disorder and Boombox. I find something else to enjoy and they do it again.

My point exactly TacoKid....

I almost typed Taco Bell you don't think their commercials infiltrate our brains. LOL

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Maybe Cinemagic will be part of the Best of XM package. At least I hope so, I loved Cinemagic.

I would hope so too, or at least on the Sirius Internet feed. I just don't think it will happen though.

I will wait until the 15th and see what they do, but it doesn't look good.

I just can't believe they are forcing me to pay $8/month for 1 channel. :mad:

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
For what it's worth for us Sirius-only subscribers who had Cinemagic taken away... I found a really good Internet radio station a couple of years ago that plays soundtrack music. It's called StreamingSoundtracks.com. It lacks the movie clips and interview segments that Cinemagic had but, from a purely musical perspective, I think it's superior. Their library is huge and they take pride in going for extended periods of time with no repeats.