Christmas lights.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
looks good. I like the lights lining the sidewalk :headbang:

Thanks! They're C9 white LEDs. 50 per side clipped into stakes which are placed into the dirt. First time I've ever done that sort of design.... The wife didn't want C9 bulbs but made a concession since they're my favorite.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I want pictures of everyone's light here!!!!

/Ned Dragons.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well we did the Christmas decorating and light show tonight! Sorry no pictures guys I was entirely to loaded. It was a blast and I am just coming inside for the night. It was cool crisp evening so the bonfire was great, the beer was too. Not to mention the music! We hung lights, we laughed our asses off, we ate, we drank, we sang Christmas carols and totally acted like fools. I LOVE IT! Merry Christmas! hehehe

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Well we did the Christmas decorating and light show tonight! Sorry no pictures guys I was entirely to loaded. It was a blast and I am just coming inside for the night. It was cool crisp evening so the bonfire was great, the beer was too. Not to mention the music! We hung lights, we laughed our asses off, we ate, we drank, we sang Christmas carols and totally acted like fools. I LOVE IT! Merry Christmas! hehehe

That sounds like a great time.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just got done with mine last night.
ditto.jpg

that's me . . . . on the right. . . . . .

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Screw that shit. I pay a couple of kids on my block every year to do that shit because my wife goes crazy around that time of year.

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
That is awesome! haha.

I just moved into my new house just over a week ago, But I am already trying to get my lights up at my house. Going LED outside this year. And actually this year inside as well. We have a nice antique (Family heirloom) Angel that tops our tree that has regular mini bulbs. But the remaining lights on the tree are all LED as well. I found a nice soft warm white light. I'm happy my powerbill shouldn't take too much of a hit this year.

I will have PICS when I get the house lights all set up.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Bought a bunch of LED strings this weekend so I'll probably get out the ladder sometime on Saturday. I have never used LEDs before, but so far I really like not having to deal with hundreds of fragile glass bulbs. I'm probably going to trash all my old light strings.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
We have been using LED's for a while now, the first few sets we had for our roof only lasted one season before bulbs were no longer working, this set we have on now we have had for 2 seasons this I believe is the 3rd season and the green bulbs are actually dull this year compared to the other colors... So far I have not been overly impressed with LED's at all..

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah I started buying them a couple of years ago myself. I do find that the LED's do fade, which is strange. However, last year I purchased some that was inside a colored casing. These are bright and very vibrant. I do not notice any fading with this being the 2nd season for them. I don't like the raw LED's I prefer the ones in the casing that have really bright vivid color.