1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Christmas in July

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Nevada360, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Nevada360

Nevada360 New Member

Yet again Sirius Classic radio has chosen to shove Christmas down the throats of its listeners. This week "Christmas in July" presents nothing but old radio shows about Christmas. Most of these shows are poorly written, overly sentimental tripe. They were bad at the time. Now, sixty or so years later, they are unbearable to listen to.
    What twisted logic insists we listen to boring, insipid Christmas shows in the middle of the summer? Worst of all, the announcer has informed us that he knows there is a group of listeners who object to Christmas in July, and if we don't like it we can change channels! Lovely.
    Ordinarily Sirius Classic Radio is my favorite station. Not this week. Bah humbug!
    JHDKoopman likes this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

LOL! Welcome to the DRC Nevada. Great opening rant.

I never knew they were doing this. The Mrs would be happy. . . . I don't think I'll tell her. . . . .

Make yourself at home.
  3. JHDKoopman

JHDKoopman Release Robin's Bra

i like normal christmas. no need for this july shizz.
  4. memebag

memebag Unspeakable Leakness

Sirius Classic is still in the lineup?
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Could Be Worse.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCBhQCCyhTo]‪Dr Demento- The Singing Dogs Jingle Bells‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
  7. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich New Member

Sirius is forcing you to change the channel. The only way to get some people to change the dial. Welcome to DRC :welcome:
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Merry Xmas everybody!!! :p hohohoho
  9. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

I caught my wife listening to Christmas music the other day. she must have been feeling overly sentimental I guess.... :rolleyes:

It's a gimmick, Radio Classics seems to always be looking for them. Glad to hear someone still listens to it on a regular basis.

Welcome Las Vegas 360!
  10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

This is an XM holdover. They used to do it on all their channels. You would hear Xmas countdowns by Casey Casem and various other Xmas programming. Classics must be the last channel still doing it.

I tend to agree that it is not my taste. I barely tolerate Xmas crap in December. But SatRad (particularly XM) pushed the envelope sometimes. This was one of those times.

Welcome to DRC.
  11. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

It is only fair now to have a 4th of July celebration during Christmas.
  12. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Hey, isn't the point of SiriusXM to get music and content we can't get anywhere else?

And think of it as about a two-month countdown until Christmas stuff starts appearing in your local retail stores. [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  13. MadisonRadio1

Yes. Sirius XM should be the place for niche programming, like Radio Classics.
  14. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

Guess it's that time of year. A miracle on 34th street is playing on AMC.
  15. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

I'm dreaming of a hot Christmas.
  16. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

and watch Fireworks in our heavy coats? might be prettier reflecting off the snow :p
  17. MadisonRadio1

I could use some snow right now:heat: just on my house
  18. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The Henry Ford museum does this during their Christmas festival thing. Its kinda cool.
  19. TurfToeTony

TurfToeTony New Member

It's a shame they don't take chances like that anymore.