Chastity Bono changing gender

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Yup, he'll be called the same name as always.. "Chaz".

Howard will discuss it on Monday, but I knew there was something else going on with Chastity. It wasn't just a "mega-lesbian" thing. Now it makes sense.

Reactions: semipenguin

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
It's a lot harder to build a penis than build a vagina!:eek:

Plus ovaries are internal, a lot harder to remove than testicles!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
It's a lot harder to build a penis than build a vagina!:eek:

Plus ovaries are internal, a lot harder to remove than testicles!

From what I've read, it's not so much the having a penis part. It's being considered a man instead of a woman.

They don't yank out ovaries either. For the most part, they may or may not even have a hysterectomy. Testosterone will suppress ovulation.

Like more transgender people, they only want to live as the sex they feel they should have been born :)

Reactions: limegrass69

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I like how she leads that healthy lifestyle drinking all that water.

Laughed out loud on that one.

Points for you.

I don't really have a problem with this, I really don't but can people stop calling it a HE for now? Chazz is still a woman because she has all the woman parts.

I can't say that I care if she gets a sex change, but for now, she is still a she.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Blood tests will still show that she's still a woman. Until Seth Brundle invents the gene-swapping teleporter, what's the point? Why remove your orgasm-maker? Sure, it might not be the one you prefer or want, but it's better than not having any orgasms at all.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I've been reading about this. If they go about changing the genitalia, they do a full hysterectomy since they can't go to a gynecologist and have tests for cervical/ovarian cancers and such. Since those female parts are removed, there is no risk of having them go cancerous.

There are some pics (NSFW) of female to male genital reassignment here:

Marci Bowers - Female-to-Male Surgery Photographs

Very, very small, but some aren't as bad as I expected.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I don't know. I think I agree with Howard on this. Live your life how you want to live it, but don't mutilate your genitals. Science and medicine aren't advanced enough to switch genders. It's all just butcher-hack jobs now.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I don't know... it's clearly more complicated than we think because most of us don't have to deal with such an issue. My take on it (and I'm certainly no expert) is that these people are SO uncomfortable that they will do anything to get even a little closer to how they've always felt with regard to their gender.

I could've expressed that better, but I think you get my drift. It's a very, very serious issue if they must resort to such extreme measures.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I don't know. I think I agree with Howard on this. Live your life how you want to live it, but don't mutilate your genitals. Science and medicine aren't advanced enough to switch genders. It's all just butcher-hack jobs now.

I cringed when I heard Stern discussing the grueling details of the mutilation that goes on down there. I can't even imagine the mental torment these people must be going through to subject their bodies to such an act.