Channel rants and raves

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
I have a great idea as I am being really facetious, lets just give all major rock bands their own channel and be done with it. We have all types of music channels, we need a goth/industrial/darkwave channel. We need a channel for geek stuff like what TechTV was with Leo Laporte, Kate Botello, and Patrick Norton.

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
no prems add these channels and get rid of the 5 or 6 no name sports channels

Which are the noname sports channels? I only know of (and listen to) Sports Central, ESPN Radio, and NFL network. I know there are some play by play channels, but I don't even know what they play when games aren't on.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I have a great idea as I am being really facetious, lets just give all major rock bands their own channel and be done with it. We have all types of music channels, we need a goth/industrial/darkwave channel. We need a channel for geek stuff like what TechTV was with Leo Laporte, Kate Botello, and Patrick Norton.

I'd listen to a goth channel, but I'd imagine it would be gone within a few months of being launched. It's too niche.

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
there are so many subdivisions of goth and industrial, you can have all sorts of shows. I can tell you with all the movements and bring in "gothic beauty" mag, with "Dark side of the net" and even Fangoria and such, it would be a lifestyle, music, horror, macabre, even a bit of home decor, recipies by the listeners. I see a music based (more than 65%), then the rest is what I said above. OutQ plays a bit of tunes with a life channel to back it up, we are almost the reverse!!!

Nov 6, 2008
My problem is you have channel like Hard Attack that has Metallica, Slayer, Pantera and all these different bands. I don't metallica. I'm looking for Stratovarius, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Drangfore and Gamma Ray. Many of these are finnish and fall under either Power Metal or Speed Metal. There is no mentions of these bands on any of the channels. Something like Stratovarius is far superior to me than something like Metallica. I could care less about Metallica.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
My problem is you have channel like Hard Attack that has Metallica, Slayer, Pantera and all these different bands. I don't metallica. I'm looking for Stratovarius, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Drangfore and Gamma Ray. Many of these are finnish and fall under either Power Metal or Speed Metal. There is no mentions of these bands on any of the channels. Something like Stratovarius is far superior to me than something like Metallica. I could care less about Metallica.
Hard Attack did play "The Haunting" by Kamelot once. I almost shit.

/am wearing a Kamelot tee right now.
/they rule.

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
I want a channel so I can hear the following:

After Darkness
Alien Sex Fiend
All About Eve
Altered States
Andi Sex Gang
Angina Pectoris
Apocalypse Theatre
Arcana Obscura
Arts And Decay
Daniel Ash
Ataraxia
Atrocity
Autumn
Bauhaus
Big Electric Cat
Birthday Party
The Bolshoi
The Cain Principle
Camerata Mediolanense
Cancer Barrack
Canticum Funebris
Car Crash International
Catastrophe Ballet
Catherine's Cathedral
Nick Cave
The Changelings
Children On Stun
Christian Death
Corpus Delicti
Cradle of Spoil
Creaming Jesus
The Creatures
Cries Of Tammuz
The Cruxshadows
The Cult
The Damned
Danse Society
Dark Side Cowboys
Das Ich
Dawn Fades
Death in June
The Deep Eynde
Deine Lakaien
Gitane Demone
Der Prager Handgriff
Diary Of Dreams
Die My Darling
Dorsetshire
Dracul
Dreadful Shadows
Dronning Maud Land
Drown For Resurrection
Emeralde Fear
Endless
Endraum
Engelsstaub
The Eternal Afflict
Every New Dead Ghost
Executive Slacks
Fading Colours
Faith And Disease
Faith And the Muse
Fields of the Nephilim
Fortification 55
45 Grave
Funhouse
Diamanda Galás
The Garden Of Delight
Gargoyle Sox
Ghost Dance
Ghosting
Girls Under Glass
Goethes Erben
House of Usher
In Faith
Inkubus Sukkubus
In My Rosary
Kastrierte Philosophen
Kill Sister Kill
Kommunity FK
The Last Dance
Law Of The Dawn
Lestat
London After Midnight
Love & Rockets
Love Like Blood
The Machine In The Garden
Malaise
Malign
March Violets
The Marionettes
Masochistic Religion
Medicine Rain
Mephisto Walz
The Merry Thoughts
Midnight Configuration
The Mission
The Morendoes
Mors Syphilitica
Peter Murphy
Nature And Organisation
Neither/Neither World
Neuzeit Syndrom
New Model Army
Nosferatu
Eva O. Halo Experience
Panic on the Titanic
Paralysed Age
Pierrepoint
Placebo Effect
Play Dead
Project Pitchfork
The Prophetess
James Ray
The Razor Skyline
R.E.C.
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Return To Khafji
Revolution By Night
Rosetta Stone
Salvation
Screams For Tina
Second Skin
Secret Discovery
Seraphim Shock
Sex Gang Children
Shadow Light
Shadow Project
Shine
The Shroud
Silke Bischoff
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Sisterhood
Sisters of Mercy
Sixth Comm
Skeletal Family
Sleeping Dogs Wake
Sopor Aeternus
Southern Death Cult
Specimen
Stone 588
Sub Version
Sunshine Blind
Super Heroines
Suspiria
Swans Of Avon
Switchblade Symphony
Tatmotiv Angst
Tears Of Passion
Tones on Tail
The Tors of Dartmoor
Trauma
Trial
Two Witches
UK Decay
Umbra Et Imago
Usherhouse
Venus Walk
Virgin Prunes
The Wake
Wench
Rozz Williams
The Winter Chapter
Xmal Deutschland

and SKINNY PUPPY!!!!!!

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
I need to bring this back to the forefront, I am noticing I hear the same songs over and over again, I feel like I am listening to BAB on the Island!!!! I still want my Goth channel.

jnj86

Nov 10, 2008
Beaumont CA
We either need a European Metal channel, or start incorporating more Euro metal into the Hard Attack playlist. I get a little tired of the "American" metal that's overplayed on Hard Attack. Sometimes I feel like Hard Attack has that terrestial radio feel to it, especially when new songs are played 3-4 times a day, day after day. There are so many great bands from Europe and all around the globe that would give so much depth to Hard Attack. I enjoy Hard Attack, but they need to broaden the horizon.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

This channel would make it to my presets.