Channel Names & Logos

Discussion in 'XM Radios' started by Peter Atkinson, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Peter Atkinson

Peter Atkinson New Member

On my Samsung Helix, several channels have either no mane or no logo.

Channel 31 (Abba Radio) has no name, just the channel number. The artist/title background is the default XM background used on channel 1.

Channel 139 (Sirius/XM Stars Too) had no logo, just the default font for the channel name. The artist/title background is also the one used on channel 1.

Channel 120 (Bing Crosby Christmas Radio) has the correct channel name in the default font, but there is a graphic for something else. It looks like white square with a yellow outline of the U.S. with what looks like a golf flag. It doesn't look anything like the logo they use in all the online & promotional stuff. The artist/title background is at least the "Christmas ball" used for the holiday channels.

Abba Radio doesn't appear in any of the categories either.

Has the new Sirius XM given up on graphics or is something wrong with my radio? I would think that, with the new radios (mainly XM) has introduced in the last few years that tout color screens, that they would want to put more into the graphics.

On the other hand, I should be thankful the programs come through.

2. DoublEE

DoublEE Active Member

Welcome to the world of Sirius. A land where channel names and logos have no meaning. :eek:mfg:

3. snakester

snakester Member

Yay. XM's system can't make it any easier for them to have channel logos, and they still manage to fuck it up. ABBA radio and Stars TOO have no logos, but Bing Crosby Christmas does? WTF stars too has been up for longer than the bing crosby channel...?! At least the XMp3 doesn't look too bad when it has to substitute in text for a channel logo, the Inno, on the other hand, looks horrible when they don't put in channel logos. Tiny white letters.

4. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I assumed Abba radio hasn't gotten the channel logo because of the weekend, but I would think it may get it tomorrow. On my XpressRC I have a logo for Bing Crosby, but not Stars too. I have seen where channels are added on the weekend or late on Friday they won't get the logos until the next week. Anyway... It would not surprise me if they don't add one for Abba since it will be on for less than another week only. Why Stars too doesn't have one I have no idea. But maybe this is the beginning of Sirius managing this aspect of our XM tuners. :(

5. snakester

snakester Member

Hell, I don't even care if Stars Too gets a logo like Specials. At least it'll make the "glass" effect on the XMp3 work right (the reflection of the channel logo right underneath it, text only channels don't get that) and not make the inno looks like it's from 1992.