Channel changes this weekend?

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Are there upcoming channel changes?

I've been hearing strange commercials on Lithium.

After a song, I'll hear an ad that basically says:
Hear NEW music from "whoever" on Alt Nation starting this weekend, on Sirius 24 and XM ??.

ALT NATION ON SIRIUS 24??????

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
I must be losing my mind, because the new music weekend was this past weekend and it was on 21.

I even hit rewind to listen to the ad again. I heard "24" in the ad.

So either a channel change is coming, the ad was wrong, or more likely, I'm an idiot. Discuss amongst yourselves.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Very interesting...

Unless they're trying to tie in new music on Alt Nation by artists that usually play on Lithium?

This Weekend, New Alt-Nation Music Goes Back to the Future With 311
Fri., July 10 - Sun., July 12
Nick and S.A. from the band 311 highlight new Alt-Nation music from alt rock bands that have been going strong for well over a decade! All weekend long, the guys will play new music from Offspring, Our Lady Peace, Third Eye Blind, Sonic Youth, Better Than Ezra and more. No baby bands here, just new music from the guys that have been delivering your favorite alt-rock for over a decade!

:idunno:

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Very interesting...

Unless they're trying to tie in new music on Alt Nation by artists that usually play on Lithium?

This Weekend, New Alt-Nation Music Goes Back to the Future With 311
Fri., July 10 - Sun., July 12
Nick and S.A. from the band 311 highlight new Alt-Nation music from alt rock bands that have been going strong for well over a decade! All weekend long, the guys will play new music from Offspring, Our Lady Peace, Third Eye Blind, Sonic Youth, Better Than Ezra and more. No baby bands here, just new music from the guys that have been delivering your favorite alt-rock for over a decade!

:idunno:

Just to fuel the fire, and provide testimony AGAINST me being an idiot, I just read this RUMOR on XMFAN:
Have seen anything mentioned here on XMFan , but I read on some other SiriusXM message boards , that supposed channel changes are coming , within the next couple of weeks . Supposedly , the new channels will be : Michael Jackson , Squizz is returning (old XM channel) , Viva , and a Madonna channel ( limited run ) . But word is , there is going to be a revision to the entire lineup .

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Its about time that they woke up and decided to make the channel lineup more interesting! :yesshake:

I hope that they reorganize the channels so that the Strobe is back with the other Dance Channels and Backspin is no longer labeled as Pop2k.

I wonder which channels are going to be axed for the MJ channel and Madonna Radio... :scratch:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'll bet a beer that I'm still hosed with Boombox.
This figures. They just sent me a nice new channel line up on heavy glossy card stock.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I'll bet a beer that I'm still hosed with Boombox.
This figures. They just sent me a nice new channel line up on heavy glossy card stock.

+1

Would be nice to see boombox back. Would make renewing my subs in the fall an easier decision. At least they kept Liquid Todd on the payroll (a couple hours a week) instead of cutting him free completely. Would make it easier to give him the whole channel again.

The alt nation playlist was interesting this weekend. First time I have listened for extended periods for a while (was tired of past repetition) and it sounded better. The strange play was a Cheap Trick track. I understand some of the others they played that were "alternative" in the 90s (even Collective Soul and Dave Matthews were played on college radio at the beginning of their careers) but I never heard Cheap Trick on college alternative radio. Maybe in the late 70s, but definitely not in the 90s.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
channel change

Was just talking about the current channel lineup with some non-Sirius listeners yesterday. They were questioning why the channel numbers were different between XM and Sirius. Does make sense to have the same channel numbers on both "bands". Maybe that's where they are planning to do.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For every channel added ... one must be taken away.

Personally, I don't think there is any future need for a MJ channel or a Madona channel. And I certainly know which channel is at the bottom of the totem pole.

One thing about the XMFAN rumour. It is started by someone who used his own blog as his source. Not much credibility until I see an announcement from Sirius XM.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Its about time that they woke up and decided to make the channel lineup more interesting! :yesshake:

I hope that they reorganize the channels so that the Strobe is back with the other Dance Channels and Backspin is no longer labeled as Pop2k.

I wonder which channels are going to be axed for the MJ channel and Madonna Radio... :scratch:

Well, we already know one of them don't we? The one that is always axed for single artist extravaganzas.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
If it comes from XMFan I have to question it anyways... I'm calling BS on this one:thumbsdown:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It would have made sense to take one of the channels all MJ right after he died for maybe a 2 week run. Now, it seems silly.

The Madonna thing has payola written all over it. She is such a freakshow at this point.

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Well, we already know one of them don't we? The one that is always axed for single artist extravaganzas.

Yeah the Bridge is probably going to be pre-empted on the sats for one of the 2 new SAC's. :banghead:

This company never ceases to amaze me with these SAC's. They all need to go away and never return.

This is what we are going to be paying $14.93 a month for going forward (after royalty fee)?