Celebrity Superfan Roundtable

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I know it is rather en vogue these days to trash all things Stern related and all of the "special" shows on 100 and 101 but I got to hear the Celebrity Superfan Roundtable today wiht Jerry O'Connel, Jeff Probst, Natalie Mains and Christa Miller and I thought it was brilliant.

They covered a range of topics, all from Howards next move, his amazing interview skills and his hatred of Jay Leno. The also discussed how interesting it woudl be for Howard to take over for Larry King and just do celebrity and currenty events interview show.

Anyway, kudos to the staff for doing something right. I wish they could do this more often.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
This show was so good IMO. I didn't mind they were so excited to talk over each other. It feels like the channels have ramped it up a bit with special shows and Jim McClure has really done a great job with a lot of them. I didn't hear the Tim Stack/Jeff Bridges show though.

These shows have to be mixed up a lot. Personally a lot of the shows could be on repeat for me like Riley, Fitzsimmons, etc and I wouldn't even notice or care.

But this was a show that got me fired up and was riveted while listening.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
This show was so good IMO. I didn't mind they were so excited to talk over each other. It feels like the channels have ramped it up a bit with special shows and Jim McClure has really done a great job with a lot of them. I didn't hear the Tim Stack/Jeff Bridges show though.

These shows have to be mixed up a lot. Personally a lot of the shows could be on repeat for me like Riley, Fitzsimmons, etc and I wouldn't even notice or care.

But this was a show that got me fired up and was riveted while listening.

Agree 100% with the excitement of Superfan Roundtable.

I really like Riley and his show but hate that it is on at midnight. Let's be honest, I think more people would rather hear Riley drunk and incoherent than Jackie telling jokes about dentists. Fitzsimmons just really annoys me to the point to where I just don't like him as a person (despite never meeting him) so I won't ever listen to his show.

Celeb Superfan was great and I wish they would do it more than once a quarter.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Let's be honest, I think more people would rather hear Riley drunk and incoherent than Jackie telling jokes about dentists. Fitzsimmons just really annoys me to the point to where I just don't like him as a person (despite never meeting him) so I won't ever listen to his show.

Celeb Superfan was great and I wish they would do it more than once a quarter.

And I will hit you back with a 100% agreement. Jackies show is soooo not my cup of tea. I can't stand it, not even as background noise. However at least it pleases the group of old Jackie fans and I like that it's on.

Fitz totally agree. At this point I despise him and he's on a short list of those that truly aggravate me like that, along with Lisa Lampanelli.

Howard said jokingly they should do the show weekly. I think it really stroked his ego in a good way.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I liked it. I know they did it once before and it was real bad but this time it was actually good. It was nice to hear them complain about the same stuff we bitch about.

I guess it ain't just us who are tired of the repeats on Fridays and lack of programming.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Howard said jokingly they should do the show weekly. I think it really stroked his ego in a good way.

Count me in as a listener if they got rid of Mutt and crew and replaced them with these guys (or pretty much anyone else, for that matter).

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
If they away the show from Mutt then it takes all legetimacy from his little site.

I posted there before and they told me I wasn't a real Stern fan cause I only had 10 posts. Maybe they think all Stern fans actually post there.