Celebrity Death Thread 2020

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It's that time of year again people.
Same rules as always.

The celebrity in question must be deceased.
They must have been a celebrity prior to their death.
If there is a question that they are a celebrity, their status must get a second vote by another DRC member.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Marty Grebb committed suicide this morning. Yikes! He played keyboards, guitar and saxophone with the Buckinghams, who had five top-20 hits in 1967-68: Kind Of A Drag, Don't You Care, Mercy Mercy Mercy, Susan and Hey Baby They're Playing Our Song. When the Buckinghams broke up in 1970, Grebb joined Lovecraft. When Lovecraft broke up in 1972, he formed the Fabulous Rhinestones. He also released two solo albums, toured with Chicago in 1980-81 and was a member of Bonnie Raitt's band for 25 years.

Buckinghams keyboardist Marty Grebb dies at 73

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Buck Henry, born Henry Zuckerman, was a regular on The New Steve Allen Show and That Was The Week That Was, co-created Get Smart with Mel Brooks and hosted 10 episodes of Saturday Night Live. Henry appeared in several tv episodes and in 42 movies including Eating Raoul, Catch 22, The Graduate and Grumpy Old Men.

Buck Henry, co-creator of Get Smart, writer of The Graduate
and co-director of Heaven Can Wait, dies at 89

IdRatherBeSkiing

UPS SUCKS!
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Buck Henry, born Henry Zuckerman, was a regular on The New Steve Allen Show and That Was The Week That Was, co-created Get Smart with Mel Brooks and hosted 10 episodes of Saturday Night Live. Henry appeared in several tv episodes and in 42 movies including Eating Raoul, Catch 22, The Graduate and Grumpy Old Men.

Buck Henry, co-creator of Get Smart, writer of The Graduate
and co-director of Heaven Can Wait, dies at 89

Second

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The campy Batman series became such a big hit for ABC in 1966, the other two networks launched their own campy superhero series in 1967. Both were short-lived. CBS had Mr. Terrific and NBC had Captain Nice. Here is a short documentary about Captain Nice and its creator. Yes, Buck Henry.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Byrnes, born Edward Byrne Breitenberger, appeared in dozens of tv shows and movies including Maverick, Marjorie Morningstar, Up Periscope, Yellowstone Kelly, Back To The Beach and Troop Beverly Hills. He played tv dance show host Vince Fontaine in Grease and with Connie Stevens had a #4 hit in 1959 with Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb. "What's with this comb caper, baby? Why do you wanna latch onto my comb? Baby, you're the ginchiest!"

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Peart played in an Ontario band called Hush before joining Rush in 1974. In 1983, Peart was named best rock drummer in Modern Drummer magazine's annual readers poll. He was also named best multi-percussionist and honored for best recorded performance and became the youngest drummer to be chosen for the Hall of Fame. He went on to win 30 more awards in the annual polls.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Second. I guess that’s why he couldn’t tour.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk
He had gotten a foot infection thing of some sort that made it painful to play for a decent part of their final tour. He retired at the end of the tour. Looking at the dates, he was diagnosed with cancer about a year after that.

I'm so bummed.