1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Caution: Copyright troll warning...

Discussion in 'DRC Site Feedback' started by Biaviian, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

Many forums are now making this a "rule" that entire articles can't be posted and even that only very small sections can be posted.
  2. semipenguin

semipenguin Dy-no-mite!

SBS used to have a rule about posting "whole" articles :right:

I just post a link to the article :)

Maybe they should make it a rule here, too :shock:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Calypso

Calypso Queen Calypso

At our site we most times post the entire story c/p. I find as some others that when you go into a thread and it is just a link every time, you don't click off site to read it. Most times I couldn't be bothered unless it is right there on the page. Also if too many are posted it gets picked up as spamming.
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

That's always been a rule. Whenever I ran my board I always made sure the articles were clipped. Fair use allows you to use a portion of the article, not the whole thing, plus a link.
  5. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

I've been seeing a lot of posts with entire articles and some without links. I just wanted to give a warning because this guy seems to be on a mission.
  6. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

Har! Follow the link and check out that guy's photo. If "douchebag" isn't the first word that pops into your head, you're lying.

It's high time we register DRC in China, or at least Norway. Copyrights? What copyrights?