Casey Casem taking over sat survey on Totally 70s

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I dont know how I feel about this. I didnt like him too much on FM. This is all part of the channel change no doubt.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I dont know how I feel about this. I didnt like him too much on FM. This is all part of the channel change no doubt.

Currently XM replays classic Casey Casem AT40 countdowns on channels 7 & 8. Rick Dees is also on channels 8 & 9.

I personally loved his AT40 coutdowns and am glad they are staying (more for the 80s ones than the 70s but still). For the Sirius coutdowns, I liked the 70s coutdown, didn't like Nina's 80s coutdown.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This gets a BIG THUMBS up from me! I couldn't be happier with this decision!

:bigthumbup:

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
Personally, I like the idea of Casey on Totally 70's.

I used to listen to his replays of his countdowns on Classic Hits 94.3 The Fox out of Traverse City until they canned 'em.

I like Nina Blackwood's countdown on Big 80's, but methinks they're made up. I compare her show to Casey's and it's a totally different countdown. I wonder what her sources are.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I like Nina Blackwood's countdown on Big 80's, but methinks they're made up. I compare her show to Casey's and it's a totally different countdown. I wonder what her sources are.

They are made up, but she has said from time to time that she uses a complilation of Billboard and other charts to get her top 40 list. So, you probably won't ever be able to match them up with a single chart anywhere.

I like Nina's count down, but I am wondering if it will go or stay? The way I see it no use continuing it if there is another source that has already done it and you just have to replay it. She could spend her time doing some DJ'ing instead.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They are made up, but she has said from time to time that she uses a complilation of Billboard and other charts to get her top 40 list. So, you probably won't ever be able to match them up with a single chart anywhere.

I like Nina's count down, but I am wondering if it will go or stay? The way I see it no use continuing it if there is another source that has already done it and you just have to replay it. She could spend her time doing some DJ'ing instead.

I would say it will go.

The new 80s on 8 will have Rick Stacy (current XM morning DJ and PD?) on mornings and the VJs on the rest of the day. The question becomes, with morning being done by Mark Goodman, afternoon by Nina, and evenings by Alan Carter, which of these will lose their slot or will they do shorter shifts?

BigLace

Oct 28, 2008
I hope they don't get rid of the MTV VJ's thats one of the things that make the Big 80s worth listening to. I love when they do shows together for holidays.

dleising

Oct 31, 2008
I hope they don't get rid of the MTV VJ's thats one of the things that make the Big 80s worth listening to. I love when they do shows together for holidays.

The VJ's will be staying. I heard an audio clip from a DJ on XM's current "80s on 8" channel, he said he will be "joining" the VJ's next week. So I assume that the current "Big 80s" channel will become SiriusXM 80s on 8. I heard them calling the station 80s on 8 a little bit already this weekend, same with Totally 70s using "70s on 7".

And if the Pulse is moving to 12, then I assume channel 9 will be replaced with "90s on 9".

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Which I do agree that with the Pulse's move to 12 on Wednesday that Channel 9 would become the 90's channel on Sirius. Hopefully we get a press release tomorrow stating what is going down on Wednesday because with all of these rumors , and the " Confirmed XM lineup " that Sirius would have something official by now.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Dave Hefel (spelling??) was good, but I liked it better when JJ Walker was doing. Having CC do it will be old school like in the day, which will be cool.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
In case anyone forgot, Casey Kasem is currently on channel 7 until noon today est. The air date is from 11/17/1973.

Rick Dee's is on channel 9 until 1pm today est

Kasem is on channel 8 from noon until 4pm today est.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
In case anyone forgot, Casey Kasem is currently on channel 7 until noon today est. The air date is from 11/17/1973.

Rick Dee's is on channel 9 until 1pm today est

Kasem is on channel 8 from noon until 4pm today est.

Casey was on Channel 7 yesterday.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
I heard the AT40 on 80's on 8 today. Although I love Nina, Casey's the man. His old shows are authentic while hers was made up.

I usually listened to Nina's countdown Monday mornings 1-4a. I wonder if the switch to AT40 is permanent? Probably cheaper to produce, too since they're old shows.