Television Coverage: ESPN at 2:00 pm/et

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 2:16pm/et

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:
Monday, August 17 at 2:30am/et on ESPN2
Monday, August 17 at 10:00am/et on ESPN Classic
Wednesday, August 19 at 12:00pm/et on SPEED

Weather Link..... Brooklyn, MI - 5 Day Weather Forecast

Last minute sponsor change from Serta to Carfax

Double-file restarts @ this track. I don't know that it'll add all that much excitement . I hope I'm wrong.

Jimmie Johnson has never won at this track. Is that about to change?

Defending race winner: Carl Edwards

How many phantom debris cautions will it take to bring this race to life?

Make sure you set your alarm for 5:00pm/et Sunday. The last 10 laps should be exciting.

I am going to go with Carl Edwards - He needs it bad.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I predict fuel mileage will come into play ;) I know that's a far out prediction but I just got a feeling.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I'm surprised JJ hasn't won at this track. He's dominated Auto Club recently.

I'm going with Kyle Busch this week & Toyota's first win here :)
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Congrats to Y.E. Yang for winning the CarFax 400! :ter:
Posted via Mobile Device

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I heard rain, so I didn't even know they raced this afternoon, boy did I miss it... The top 15 are all great drivers, Congrats to Vickers, finally:buttrock:

Jeff 2nd & Jr. 3rd:bigthumbup:

Jimmie J runs out of gas:shock:

Then the standings! Vickers just outside the Chase? Kyle Bush on the freefall?:shock:

Will this turn out to be a exiting/suprising year, or will it be anti-climatic? The chase for the cup continues...:ter:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Congrats to Vickers!

I hate that a third place finish makes me happy but I'll take anything I can get at this point. How about we build on this Jr.!

Johnson/Knaus - I would have thought you would have figured out this gas thing after last spring.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
NASCAR takes engines to R&D Center

NASCAR has taken the engines of 11 cars in Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Michigan International Speedway to test at its Research and Development Center in Concord, N.C. NASCAR periodically takes engines so it can see how much horsepower they produce.
The engines taken were from the Chevy's of #24-Jeff Gordon (Hendrick Motorsports), #14-Tony Stewart (Hendrick), #33-Clint Bowyer (Earnhardt Childress Racing Technologies), #42-Juan Pablo Montoya (ECRT); Toyota's of: #83-Brian Vickers (Toyota Racing Development), #00-David Reutimann (TRD), #11-Denny Hamlin (Joe Gibbs Racing); Ford's of #99-Carl Edwards (Roush-Yates Engines), #16-Greg Biffle (Roush-Yates) and Dodge's of: #77-Sam Hornish Jr. (Penske Racing), #19-Elliott Sadler (Richard Petty Motorsports).

Do you think anything will come of this?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Do you think anything will come of this?

Only if it's negative for Toyota. :p They'll find out what the toyota's can do and share that with Hendrick. We just can't have toyota winning in the Big 3's back yard!!! :rolleyes: