Car power cord issue.

SonDan

Nov 15, 2008
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Looking for some advice. I had to recently order a new car power adapter for my Starmate 2 Replay because my original one gave up he ghost. The wire had snapped where it ws attached to the plug that goes into the Starmate.

I purchased a new adapter from TSS [SIRCKIT] 12V Power Adapter and Car Antenna Pack , but thec Starmate won't stay connected. It will go out when the car turns a corner or I touch the cord lightly or go over a speed bump ot just because. The plug seems to be inserted as far as it wil go into the Starmate but coincidentlly some of the chrome on the plug does show up.

I have had the cord well over 30 days (purchased in Dec 10) and so returning it is probably not an option. Any ideas howw to keep the cord connection to the Starmate in tact? What could be wrong?

Thanks for reading.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wait till Mario gets back on line. He'll be able to talk you through it. Has it done it since the first day you hooked it up?

SonDan

Nov 15, 2008
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Hello,

Just checking in for any suggested solutions. I am still having to jiggle the cord while driving to keep the Starmate running. I have to jiggle/ push/ pull the adapter where it inserts into the Starmate about 20 times during my daily one hour (each way) commute to and from work and it is really annoying the (expletive) out of me -- especially during a Howard Stern interview when the stream goes out mid-sentence.

Hopefully someone will know the solution to getting this cord to stay in the sweet spot!

Thanks again for reading.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Shoot. I was hoping someone would see this and check in for you. Try shooting TSS Radio an email. They can help for sure. Even if its bad news, they will steer you straight.
Posted via Mobile Device

SonDan

Nov 15, 2008
oldschoolmusiclover.com
Sorry I didnt see this thread in time. Did you find an answer from one of us SonDan?

I dont stop by much and apologize for not letting you all know that TSS fixed my Starmate and all is well with it (KNOCK WOOD HARD AND LOUD - LOL)

She has a new home now and I am busy trying to get her situated. Stopped in to post for assistance and realized I never replied here in this thread.

Please forgive my negligence and have a great week one and all.