Cancer Sucks

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
My 47 year old cousin lost her battle with cancer today. She leaves behind a husband and 4 children. The youngest (twins) are 11.

Her father (56) also died of cancer, as did my (44) father (they were brothers). They all died of different cancers.

Its tough to watch someone you love waste away.

Hug your kids tight tonight. Call your mom and dad and tell them you love them. Let your brothers and sisters know that you love them.

There is so much shit in this world that gets in the way and in the end it doesn't matter.

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
My sincere condolences to you and your family. Stay strong.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a wretched disease for sure. It took 2 of my grand parents, my mom beat breast cancer only to be taken by MS. My college roommate was taken by brain cancer, another friend has leukemia. All of that is bad enough but one manages to cope, then the kicker was learning that a buddy that moved to Austin a couple years ago's 7 year old son has it. It breaks your heart. The silver lining is that he is in remission now and they say he's cancer free.

Hug your loved ones indeed .

roscoryan

DRC Graphics Guru
Oct 13, 2008
Burnsville, MN
TX, my thoughts and condolences are with you and your family. Having had to personally deal with the demon called cancer once already, and having seen some of my loved ones suffer, I feel your pain.

You were there during my pain...let me know if I can return the favor.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Sorry to hear about your loss TX, my thoughts are you with and your family.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
So sad to hear of your loss TX, my thought and prayers go to you & your family ( cancer has hit my family hard also). God Bless.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sorry to hear about this. My dad died of lung cancer, but he was the ripe age of 78 went it happened. He always had good spirit about it, saying God had given him a great wife and wonderful kids and what more can a man want. He said I've watched you all grow up with your own families and homes, so my job in this old world is done.

But to have folks die so young from cancer. I know a lady that lives down the road from me, she was 32 years of with 2 kids and a husband that passed away. It has to be so hard!