Can We Have A Portal Back?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The birthdays are available on a plug-in that, if I remember right, isn't compatible with the our backbone. I looked over Christmas, and didn't see an update, but can check again.

I can check on the portal. I use a link to get to the site that brings me to "Unread Posts" so I can see what's happening without having to browse. I read them all pretty pretty easily that way, but I do miss the birthday notices by jumping in there.

XenForo doesn't offer the same interface options as Vbulletin. Since they XenForo programmers were former Vbulletin developers, I think they made a conscious effort to make them look different.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
The birthdays are available on a plug-in that, if I remember right, isn't compatible with the our backbone. I looked over Christmas, and didn't see an update, but can check again.

I can check on the portal. I use a link to get to the site that brings me to "Unread Posts" so I can see what's happening without having to browse. I read them all pretty pretty easily that way, but I do miss the birthday notices by jumping in there.

XenForo doesn't offer the same interface options as Vbulletin. Since they XenForo programmers were former Vbulletin developers, I think they made a conscious effort to make them look different.
I still kinda wish we were still on VBulletin, I knew what to do there and we had a portal.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think we should go back to individual birthday threads rather than the generic member one which always gets missed. From what I gather, this software does not support the birthdays page. The individual topics may allow us to catch on when we see them in new posts.