Can someone recommend a new radio?

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Hi. I have an old school JVC SR 3000 and its starting to go. However I have all the peripherals for it, home dock, car dock, and two boomboxes.

I am looking for a more reliable unit that I can also get those peripherals. Any suggestions?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Start at TSS radio, duh. I'd honestly look at an XM radio. You'd get baseball, plus the Best of Sirius package would get you all of that stuff. Since you have the extra stuff wiht the JVC, Taylor would know what may work with it...however, it's an older radio, so newer radios might require new docks.

Reactions: semipenguin

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Start at TSS radio, duh. I'd honestly look at an XM radio. You'd get baseball, plus the Best of Sirius package would get you all of that stuff. Since you have the extra stuff wiht the JVC, Taylor would know what may work with it...however, it's an older radio, so newer radios might require new docks.

Agreed. Go with an XM radio with a "Best of Sirius" option. That way you get EVERYTHING satellite radio has to offer :)

I have an XMP3. It's a nice radio, but if I did it again, this is what I'd go with...

XM XpressRC Reciever

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Agreed. Go with an XM radio with a "Best of Sirius" option. That way you get EVERYTHING satellite radio has to offer :)

I have an XMP3. It's a nice radio, but if I did it again, this is what I'd go with...

XM XpressRC Reciever

Yeah, but the Xpress isn't portable. To each his own, but i'd rather have a portable one.

And since the MiRGE is newer, isn't there the chance that it'll be supported for longer than an Xpress?

Don't get me wrong, the Xpress is a nice radio.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Yeah, but the Xpress isn't portable. To each his own, but i'd rather have a portable one.

And since the MiRGE is newer, isn't there the chance that it'll be supported for longer than an Xpress?

Don't get me wrong, the Xpress is a nice radio.

I don't know if they make a boombox for the Xpress :idunno:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I don't know if they make a boombox for the Xpress :idunno:

XM Sound System

Or:
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Audiovox-XMB-10-Xpress-Satellite-Receiver/dp/B000COKR2K]Amazon.com: Audiovox XMB-10 XM Boom Box for Xpress XM7 Satellite Radio Receiver: Electronics[/ame]

(I'd link to the TSS version of the second link, but I coudn't find it there.)

And when I meant "portable", I meant something like an XM2GO, XMP3, etc. At this point, i'd rather get one of those and a car kit.

Last edited: