can someone explain Deep Tracks?

fuzzy dunlop

Mar 4, 2009
the Vault was great at what they did..we now have Deep Tracks which I think is possbly the worst alternative to the Vault Ive ever heard..
they are trying to hard to be "free form" and failing miserably

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
+1

Deep tracks over the Vault any day. The deeper and more free form the better.

I've heard every Vault song on fm for the last 20+ years.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I find Deep Tracks an improvement over The Vault.

The Vault played too many familiar songs... "Deacon Blues" by Steely Dan was often the kind of "deep track" played on The Vault. :banghead:

fuzzy dunlop

Mar 4, 2009
They should have called it 'Throwaway Tracks"..im all for deeper tracks and all but the majority of the crap they play on here is that single throw away track that wa son every album back in the day
they also seem to be playing really mainstream stuff on occasion..much like what people used to bitch about The vault

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They should have called it 'Throwaway Tracks"..im all for deeper tracks and all but the majority of the crap they play on here is that single throw away track that wa son every album back in the day
they also seem to be playing really mainstream stuff on occasion..much like what people used to bitch about The vault

Deep Tracks is not for everybody. I have no use for it but for those who do not want to hear familiar music, it is one of the few sources now on Sirius XM.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
XM Deep Tracks was the best rock channel ever- from '02 to '08. Sirius Deep Tracks is still a good rock channel, but really dissapointed with repeats of Black Light Room & UnderCover and the discontinued Fresh Tracks, Old New Borrowed & Blue.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I finally took this channel off of my presets. I never recognized a single song off of it when I flipped by. Now that I have an XMP3, I think Tuneselect has sent me there once.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They need to do the Alice's Restaurant Thanksgiving Day thing again. Once an hour, at the top of every hour, The Vault would play that song. (I think there was even a reprise version they played as well.)