Can I keep my music

Peter Atkinson

Oct 17, 2008
Lake Geneva, WI (USA)
With all this talk about Sirius/XM possibly filing for bankruptcy, I got to thinking about all the music I've got stored in my Nexus 25 & Helix. Most of it is from now-defunct channels & I haven't been able to find the music to buy, either.

As I understand it, that if these radios lose signal for over a month (for whatever reason) the music I recorded from XM will be lost.

1. Is it true that I will lose the music?

2. Is there any way to keep the music, if not on the radios, can I get it onto some other media?

Thanx in advance.

:scared:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Well, it's not really yours to keep. Do you get to keep an apartment after you've rented it?

Anyway, the only way I've seen for saving recorded satrad content is to get a male to male 3.5mm audio cable and connect the headphone jack of your device to the IN jack on your PC and use some sort of software to record the audio. I use a program called AudioGrabber, with the Line In Sampling you can record anything from the device to an MP3 or other formats too.

Peter Atkinson

Oct 17, 2008
Lake Geneva, WI (USA)
Thank you for the information. I think I'll wait to see what shakes out with Sirius/XM, & do more searching for places to buy the music, before I spend all that transferring time.

Your info is much appreciated.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
If you don't use the radio for a month or however long that time really is, the music won't erase from the radio. It will stay on there till you reactivate the radio again. I did this with an Inno about a year ago. When I reactivated it, all the music was still there. You just can't listen to it unless the radio is activated.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If XM stops broadcasting, you would lose your saved music within 30 days. However, even if SXM files for bankruptcy, they will likely continue operations and probably wind up a division of EchoStar. So you would still have your music.

If I was allowed to suggest a slightly illegal activity, I would suggest you buy a recording program for your PC and hook your Helix into the inputs of your computer and record the music into an MP3 format. But since that would technically be illegal, I can't suggest that.