Can I add 'Best of XM' to existing SIRIUS lifetime radio?

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I may be getting a Starmate 3 that already has a lifetime subscription. Can 'Best of XM' package be added later on if I want to? I know the difference normally between Sirius Everything and Sirius Everything PLUS Best of XM is $100 ($399 vs $499). Can I simply pay the $100 in the future to have Best of XM added to my lifetime radio?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I may be getting a Starmate 3 that already has a lifetime subscription. Can 'Best of XM' package be added later on if I want to? I know the difference normally between Sirius Everything and Sirius Everything PLUS Best of XM is $100 ($399 vs $499). Can I simply pay the $100 in the future to have Best of XM added to my lifetime radio?

First, you need to check if the Starmate 3 is capable of the Best of XM package. Secondly, if you are the account holder, you may add Best of XM to your lifetime sub. If you are inhertiting the radio, you probably can't as lifetime subs are not transferable.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
First, you need to check if the Starmate 3 is capable of the Best of XM package. Secondly, if you are the account holder, you may add Best of XM to your lifetime sub. If you are inhertiting the radio, you probably can't as lifetime subs are not transferable.

I believe you can check via the Sirius website to see if that radio is compatible. You have to access your account settings and check the EIN - that's what I did for my Sportster 4 to find it wasn't compatible.

Also, SIRI doesn't necessarily need to know that it's "your" new radio if the previous owner is on board with that, ya dig?

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
You are correct, but what I did was buy an XM radio & get the Best of Sirius. Works out better that way :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Better deal? Best of XM was dropped to 1.99 until last month, and may be still. I re-up before the last increase and got the 1.99 deal. Also if you do a lot of recording like I do, 5 hours of 197 & 6 hours of 100, the most stable radio for that is still the s-100 on the Sirius side not XM. S-2 and XMp3 both have lost recording issues and neither one has more recording capacity.

PS- do you think any radio coming down the pipeline will increase record capacity. Who cares about SD cards for mp3's, we all have iPods and Zunes for that

superflush

Nov 30, 2008

+1.
I would guess that it isn't compatible with pulling the best of xm.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Better deal? Best of XM was dropped to 1.99 until last month, and may be still. I re-up before the last increase and got the 1.99 deal. Also if you do a lot of recording like I do, 5 hours of 197 & 6 hours of 100, the most stable radio for that is still the s-100 on the Sirius side not XM. S-2 and XMp3 both have lost recording issues and neither one has more recording capacity.

PS- do you think any radio coming down the pipeline will increase record capacity. Who cares about SD cards for mp3's, we all have iPods and Zunes for that

An XM Radio with "BoS" is far better than a Sirius Radio with "BoXM" no matter what the price. "BoS" offers much more :)
Posted via Mobile Device

vinnyv07

Feb 28, 2009
I just can't believe they haven't found a way to give us baseball this season. What a huge disappointment.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

Best of Sirius has the same price deal for XM radios.

An XM Radio with "BoS" is far better than a Sirius Radio with "BoXM" no matter what the price. "BoS" offers much more :)

+1

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Posted via Mobile Device

I got you. Its a programming decision. I agree with you on that.

Anyway I see nothing wrong with advising someone to look twice at a best of xm. Until they improve their offering why spend money on crap?