Call of Duty: World at War (Wii)

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Wow! One of the best games I've ever played.

Now, I understand the graphics aren't much compared to other systems, but the game play was freakin' unbelievable.

I couldn't help but play this game for just about 3 days straight over the weekend and beat it (on easy).

My wife thought I was crazy when I wanted to throw the Wii-mote through my flat screen tv all weekend...after all, "It's just a video game".

Anywho, great game, graphic and violent and full of gore.

I'd reccomend it.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
The game actually got a lot of hate compared to Modern Warfare, but holy crap, this game kicks the ass of every other World War 2 game in existance. I played the single-player at least 5 times, certain levels at least 15 times, and oh the multiplayer. I got to Presitige level 7.

Awesome game. :buttrock:

MoeSyslack

Oct 14, 2008
Summer Shade KY
I played this on the Wii as well and have to say it was excellent. Did you use the zapper to play. Thats what drew me to the game in the first place. Im considering trying it out on the 360 but It'll be a while.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I played this on the Wii as well and have to say it was excellent. Did you use the zapper to play. Thats what drew me to the game in the first place. Im considering trying it out on the 360 but It'll be a while.

I used the Zapper for the first few levels but got too frustrated with the controls so I switched to regular Wii-mote - it worked a lot better for me.

Nov 19, 2009
Ky
We are new to the Wii and we have this game. My son and i are trying to play together as a team but i see no way to add his controller.

Our only expereince is with the Wii sports and lego batman, both of those it was very easy to add the second controller.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
We are new to the Wii and we have this game. My son and i are trying to play together as a team but i see no way to add his controller.

Our only expereince is with the Wii sports and lego batman, both of those it was very easy to add the second controller.

You don't need to "add" a controller through the menu screen.

When you're playing, he should be able to pick up the second controller at any time and enter the game by pressing one of the buttons (I'm not sure which one right now). Once that's done, he basically get's a reticle to help you shoot bad guys but you still do all the moving and moving the PoV angle. Once he's done playing, he can press the same button to opt out.

Good luck and have fun.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
There is no co-op or split screen play on the Wii version, just online multiplayer, which I recommend. I played this game to death online when it came out, best online offereing on the wii for FPS's.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
There is no co-op or split screen play on the Wii version, just online multiplayer, which I recommend. I played this game to death online when it came out, best online offereing on the wii for FPS's.
be so cool if you could play co-op and vs lan games with multiple wii's at home...

so now that wii has a good violent FPS, can it finally be considered a "real" gaming console?