Bye The Bridge - It was a great 2 months!

SIRIUS XM Radio announced today that it will launch a limited-run channel devoted to the music of Paul McCartney, in celebration of his new critically-acclaimed album recorded under the guise of his alter ego, The Fireman. Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio will premiere on Valentine's Day, February 14 and will air through Friday, March 13 on The Bridge, SIRIUS channel 33 and XM channel 27. The channel will feature a rare in-depth and revealing interview with Paul McCartney. During the interview, the legendary artist will share his inspiration behind his secret Fireman projects.

Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio is an exclusive commercial-free channel, completely devoted to McCartney's legendary and expansive post-Beatles music-making and will include music from his solo records, tracks from every Wings album, the three Fireman albums, 1993's Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest, 1998's Rushes and 2008's Electric Arguments as well as musical surprises from Paul's vault.

Additionally, every week, McCartney will host a special "fireside chat" where he will discuss music, politics, news and any other topic he feels compelledto discuss.

McCartney, on Fireman Radio, will take SIRIUS XM listeners on an in-depth exploration of each song from The Fireman's latest album, Electric Arguments. He will speak candidly and openly about every track and will shed new light on this acclaimed music project, which for years has been shrouded in secrecy. On Paul McCartney's Fireman Radio, McCartney will pull back the curtain to reveal the creative process behind The Fireman. Never before has McCartney shared so many personal insights into this fascinating chapter in his musical legacy.

:bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::shoot4:

FlaDoc

Jan 13, 2009
thanks for the heads up. I was trying to listen to the Bridge this morning and heard this "fireman" dung.
WTF?

The company is on the verge of bankruptcy, they keep screwing with a good rock channel, and now they want to charge additional for internet streaming. I predict they will lose subscribers.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
thanks for the heads up. I was trying to listen to the Bridge this morning and heard this "fireman" dung.
WTF?

The company is on the verge of bankruptcy, they keep screwing with a good rock channel, and now they want to charge additional for internet streaming. I predict they will lose subscribers.

It was on at 1AM last night too. I wanted to go to sleep to the channel 1 more time and got that. All because Paul McCartney wants to be a fireman.

I have removed XM27 and Sirius 33 from my presets and blocked the channels until 03/14 (or popular demand).

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
At least with the old Payola scam the music came to your radio for free...

...now your supposed to pay for it too.

payola.JPG

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Assuming everything goes as planned for this channel and The BRIDGE returns, I can't wait to listen on vacation at the beach this summer. I have never had this channel as 70's on 7 was usually the go to music.

The Bridge is by far my favorite new channel post merger.