Bye Bye Pop2K

magleamin7

Oct 31, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just received an email with the lineup changes for the newly added stations. Unfortually POP2K got the axe......

Channel 39 Backspin

Channel 81 The Strobe Are Back

You asked. We listened! Disco/classic dance and old-school hip-hop will be back on the air due to popular demand.

Back on January 15

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Are those XM numbers? 81 is now a good place for the Strobe...could be right back on 37 where it belongs!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
This pop2k station is HARDLY working these days. Cuts out every min or so.

5thstreet

Dec 31, 2008
Minetto, NY
What!? This channel is (in my opinion) much better than Hits1.

I'm kind of hooked on it now. This will be a difficult change for me.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING. Just merge the two cause HITS1 is TERRIBLE.

JDawg3DX

Oct 16, 2008
Las Vegas
Pop 2K may not be dead yeat on the Sirius side of things. Earlier tonight, I was listening to Sirius 50 and they played a spot saying that Backspin would be back on Sirius 38 and XM 65, so it could be possible that Pop 2K is staying and Area is leaving...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Pop 2K may not be dead yeat on the Sirius side of things. Earlier tonight, I was listening to Sirius 50 and they played a spot saying that Backspin would be back on Sirius 38 and XM 65, so it could be possible that Pop 2K is staying and Area is leaving...

I'm getting a headache...:(

:)

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

I think that is a stretch...

I think the original PR release about this gave indications that Pop2K would be removed. I haven't honestly looked at every PR to see, but it sucks that Pop2K is getting canned off Sirius.

The dance category has been totally gutted, surely they aren't taking Area out too?

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA

80527684ia5.png

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
The pulse plays no rap so it couldn't become pop2k. Anyways that would be great if pop2k stayed and area left, but I doubt it will happen that way. I agree get rid of hits1 for pop2k. God hits 1 is the most annoying channel on weekends. Its either hit bound or countdown. How about play some songs other than the current hits once and a whiile if your going to make it our only pop channel. XM has 20 on 20, kiss, mix, the Pulse, the blend, and pop 2k so you have tons of choices for pop there. Sirius has hits 1 and the pulse wow.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Are those XM numbers? 81 is now a good place for the Strobe...could be right back on 37 where it belongs!

And do another channel update? The've done 2 in the last year and have far exceeded their quota. I am sure you will see the Channel name Cinimagic on the channel called The Strobe.

And Pop2k fans ... don't dispair. The channel name will live for at least a year on Sirius 39.

Reactions: limegrass69

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
And do another channel update? The've done 2 in the last year and have far exceeded their quota. I am sure you will see the Channel name Cinimagic on the channel called The Strobe.

And Pop2k fans ... don't dispair. The channel name will live for at least a year on Sirius 39.

Well if they do another channel mapping update then they will change the name of the channels or at least they should. But you are likely right they will just add the music to the channel and it will continue with the incorrect name. No big deal if you are Sirius subscriber they have been doing this for years now!

This will be no problem on the XM side with the XpressRC, they will get it done with no problems.

ON the XM side:

dab-albums-dab-s-pic-album-picture92-xm.jpg