Bye, bye...bums

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Yes.
I can't tell you how relieved I am that they lost a chance at another ring.

Good luck to Philly, though I am pulling for Tampa Bay at this point.

The Dodgers are going to have to retool and throw a boat load of money at Manny.

Money Ramirez.

Have a nice freeway ride home tonight...Dodger fan.:churn:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
oh...and one more thing...

Now when I see Kirk Gibson limping around the bases I will have with myself a little zinger of knowledge that this is also the day that the men in blue were ousted by the men in red.
:churn::churn::churn::churn:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow, I didn't realize how little you Giant fans think of those Dodgers. Good stuff.

Half of my World Series prediction is there, but it doesn't look like Boston wants to cooperate. I don't think anyone is beating Philly at this point, though. They look solid, Hamels is just about unhittable.

It's a little bittersweet to see Lidge pitching so well and going to the World Series. On one hand, I'm happy for the guy, but why the hell couldn't you do that here?!? Change in scenery really agreed with him. Oh yeah, and Houston got absolutely ZERO for him...nice trade there, Ed Wade.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Congrats to the Phillies going to the World Series. I'm still cheering for Boston, but it good look like Tampa Bay joining them soon.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Now Joe Torre can't get back to surfin' those waves.

I'm telling you...It's the curse of Mattingly.

You didn't know that Giants fans are bitter towards Dodger fans?

You gots to be kiddin.

As a kid I kind of liked the Dodgers. But after years of going to games at Candlestick and seeing them always get that two-out hit when they needed it, to see them have great success in the eighties with teams that were good, but not great...aw...please don't get me started.

Let me enjoy this day, this moment.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
I hated to see my Dodgers lose, but, the Phillies played a great series. I think they have been "under the radar" all year, and admittedly, I didnt know how well they hit the ball.

Going to be interesting to see what happens to Manny. There are not a lot of clubs that can throw a lot of money at him, but the Dodgers can. You do have to hand it to him, he had a GREAT post-season.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Are you missing Barry?

No. Not at all. I enjoy the youth movement. There's a lot to like in the Orange and Black these days.
Bonds was amazing, I don't expect to see anyone that good for a long, long time. But no, I don't miss him. I'm glad it's all over and that everything can be reset. The park is ahead of schedule to being paid off and when it if finally paid off entirely, the Giants can move from around 8th in projected salary to 5th or 4th. They'll never top Boston or New York, but they can live in the outlining neighborhood.

I'd like to have Chase Utley, that kid is impressive with the bat.