Buzzing Sound when G1 is connected through a SKyFi2 dock

Geronimo

Nov 14, 2008
I geta buzzing sound when I try to run my g1 through my SkyFi2 aux and use the AC adapter. any thoughts? ----besides going out and buying an FM transmitter.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't know, I've hooked my G1 up to 2 different boomboxes, 2 different Soloist and I've noticed no buzzing, this while charging it with the AC adapter. It has been noted that some AC adapters will pick up interference, so you may want to try a different AC adapter for charging it. I personally found the ones that came with the G1 and G2 to be cheap junk.

Geronimo

Nov 14, 2008
I have tried various adapters. I think that the only practical solutions are a ground loop isolater (which may or may not work) or an FM tramsitter for one device.

Oct 29, 2008
Sounds like a ground. I can't think of the name of the product, but I'm sure radio shack sells whatever you need. Or call a car audio install shop for advice.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
this is in a car.
Well then there is little doubt it is ground loop, there are several good group loops kits out there. In my old ride I had to use one, but in my xB I haven't had any issues with ground look, but then everything is factory.